POLL: My boyfriend suddenly decided to delete all the pictures from his instagram... and this is his reason. Is he crazy or does he have a point?

So I asked him why he deleted all his photos. He used to have photos of his vacation with his family, of him and his friends, and of me and him with lovely captions.

He said "I don't see a point in sharing photos with people many of whom may not be happy for you. Everyone who is blessed is envied, and I want to be discreet about the things happening in my life so that I am not envied"

• He's smart
  • He's crazy

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) YOU are crazy that are unsure about your very husband and have to quesion and find his sanity on an internet poll.
    2) he was crazy to post them in the first place. never saw the meaning in it.

Most Helpful Girl

• No of course not, he is just actually seeing how stupid social media sites really are and it doesn't help that people claim you have something to hide and are a freak because now there are "expected standards" of what you should even be doing online and if you don't do what everyone in the "popular culture" does then your suddenly "not normal" and "crazy" but the truth is all these people ARE the stupid ones and putting themselves in potential danger, there are FAR too many horrible people and psycos online who will take your photos, stalk your profile and use it for degrading means.

In the past i had guys who took my photos without asking, created a picture out of it and put his name then loves with a heart around my face then my name and i didn't even know then, on top of that the only reason guys ask for your photo is to jack off to it eww... bloody weirdos... and if you even so much as have a web cam guys will never leave you alone and constantly keep asking you to go on it, i've unplugged my web cam and kept it in my draw since because of this, it was turning into a nightmare because of the driver guys can see i have a cam. Then i had to stop talking to people altogether on chats and a few other sites where i deleted my accounts altogether because of a guy i met on one of them phoned the cops on me who over-exaggerated something i had by 100 times more... at that point id had enougb because even the cops were trying to escalate it and get me annoyed.

Then i ended up taking all my photos off all pages except FB where only certain people can see them that are in a list i created for only people who can handle what i say, but i took all information about me off everything including my home town, it's just not safe on the internet and people have to recognize the dangers and non of these people online are your friends,,, you don't know them and you never will meet them but even if you do you could never maintain the friendship, then people in your town use it to nosy and create gossip, it's just more trouble than it's worth... He's definitely smart and honestly a keeper because most people are too self-obsorbed to realize this, they say "no i won't take it off because that means i'm shaming myself, i won't be ashamed of who i am", as if it's real life *snigger* it's all an illusion sadly for them. It's time people go out in the real world again and off social media.

What Guys Said 14

• i think that's a reasonable reason to delete photos.

i definitely don't think we can say he's crazy.

• I think he realizes some memories are best keep private. He's become more mature if anything. Sharing on social media causes more problems than it's worth.

• Seems like someone has a problem with you two being in a relationship and he's doing damage control before a blow strikes you two. Smart man

• He could be on point or he could be gearing up to cheat. If he starts privating evidence of his relationship then that could be a possibility.

Rather than freak out about it - talk to him. A relationship survives on the trust and communication that exists.

If you think he's being a fuck boy then voice your concerns in a honest but tactful way - because there's nothing proven!

Just observe for a bit and talk.

• Yea you'll probably get negative energy from others that envy you... happens all the time

• thats exactly what i did, only i deleted all social media accounts that i had.

• a he's smart

• i voted for crazy but he is smart :D

• he is a muslim right :)
    anyway its true and wise choice

• He is neither. I said he is crazy but that it's a telltale sign. Someone is trying to "delete" you.

• True shit. It's just like showing off your material items. It won't make you cooler, people will just be jealous of you and resent you.

Even if it's a person that you post pictures of. People will always find a reason to hate. The more discreet you are, the happier you'll be.

• He's crazy

• People were jealous of him, and giving him crap

• he is crazy @F_M

What Girls Said 8

• Why would he be crazy? Plus, it's just social media, and no one should be too serious about it, unless they are worried about privacy.

Maybe there are people on his profile that he's bumped heads with. Maybe he's heard things and is uncomfortable with certain viewers peering into his life. Maybe he doesn't want people gossiping about whatever is going on his life and twisting it.

• That's sweet I guess

• He's smart and has a good point. It's not necessary to put your whole life out there like that.

• Extremely smart guy.

• This sounds suspicious. My first impression is that he's hiding his life from someone.

• I don't see why anyone would vote that he is crazy. His reasoning is perfectly valid. I deleted Instagram and most of my social media besides this and Facebook some time ago because I frankly thought it was a waste of time, and although I have always set all of my settings to private, I wasn't wild about broadcasting my life to the world. I only use Facebook for messaging my friends these days, and this is pretty much just something to kill time with.

• His reasoning is strange, but I can see where he comes from. Having your pictures online, whether people know it or not, may come at a price. That's if you're attractive and live a happy life. People who aren't as lucky may get jealous and envy both of you for seeing how happy you are. Envy can turn into anger, then rage. And, since you don't actually know exactly who is looking at your pictures, it might even turn into insanity and acts of "revenge."

You can call me crazy if you'd like. I never sleep and I hardly speak face-to-face with anyone. I do see his point, however. He doesn't want people to envy him. He doesn't want anyone looking up at him as if he's better than them. People truly are crazy out there, and you don't know what they might do if they saw how great another person's life is.

There could also be other reasons for him deleting the pictures. Maybe he's run into some new-found or even old enemies and doesn't want them to find him. Or, maybe he's quickly covering up something, like an online relationship. I can't say that though. I only mention it because it is a possibility in all relationships.

• I actually wanted to do the same thing. I find that so smart. Social media is an easy way to envy people and what they have.