Would you date a former fat chick?

I am 5'3 and went from 180 pounds to 100 pounds. I am 20 years old. There are faded stretchmarks on my stomach and underarms. I am really selfconscious because of this. People always tell me I have a really pretty face and guys hit on me too. But I am afraid to be in a relationship because of my body. I hope you guys can help me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't be so self conscious. I assure you guys would still date you as long as you stay confident. If a guy likes you he won't care about stretch marks at all and 180 to 100, doc what anyone says, you should be proud of yourself, those marks are just your war scares showing that you won. 😁

A little off topic, what all exercise wise did you do to lose 80lbs. Just wondering bc it's really amazing

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah, if your body is attractive, I would. It also shows determination, which is an attractive quality.

• First of all, congrats for changing yourself in a very healthy and positive way!

I think most guys are more interested in how you look now, how attracted to the "now you" they are. I'd actually be super impressed by someone in your situation, because it speaks to your character.

• I don't care how she looked like in the past, how she is now is what counts and if there are only light stretchmarks then I don't care

• yeah why not

• Yes, yes I would.

• ofc i would no doubt there

• Yeah, no problem.

• Well, if a guy really likes/loves you, he won't care how your body looks.

I would date a girl. Doesn't matter to me how she looked in the past.

What Girls Said 9

• I think if anyone judged you for that they're wrong. We always tell fat people to lose weight, if when they "finally" do, we still judge them, what's the point.
    The fact you did it, to me, shows a lot of strength. I don't think people should for that.
    Can't do much about the stretchmarks though, so just embrace your body now!

Can I ask what you did for your weightloss?

I ate low Carb. I learned that my body can't process carbs to well. So I mostly got my daily needed calories from protein and fat.
      I was also put on Meditation for an underactive thyroide.

• Stretch marks are normal, mostly everyone has some. If they bother you that much, you can buy cream for them that will help in fading them even more, but honestly you should save your money and just embrace them girl! You're beautiful (as everyone also thinks) regardless of a few stretchmarks. Also, congratulations on the weight loss! That's amazing! :)

• I'm a former fat person too.
    So far, I've never had any issues with dating or people finding me attractive.
    If he really likes you, he won't care. And honestly, most people find it admirable that you can lose so much weight.

• Damn... you're exactly the same size as me now lol
    Hun, I was never fat and I still have stretch marks.

• Literally everyone has stretch marks, so dont worry about it. Just be proud of your accomplishments! No need to be self concious anymore

• Wow congratulations!!! That's awesome. A guy who didn't appreciate that would be stupid. It takes a lot of determination to lose 80 pounds

• I'm still a fat poot, I'm mainly afraid to enter a relationship because of my body. The last thing I want to see is the look of disgust on a guys face, when I remove my clothes. Sigh

Congratulations on the weight loss, though (:

• If you have chosen to be and stay healthy, i don't see why anyone wouldn't want to date youZ

• You need to love yourself before you expect anyone else to do so.