What is a Skype "Date" to you?

I've a had a several Skype videos and call them all 'dates'. Except for 1 person, they're all just talking.

When I say "Let's make a Skype 'date'" I mean a time to video chat. Not with the intention of having Skype Sex.

3mo To me: Skype "date" (time and day to Skype) not that they're actually dates. lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Skype calling = Chatting

Skype date = Chatting + Romance
    Often involves things like flirting, teasing, desire to talk again soon, compliments and how much one person behind one's screen cares about the person behind the other screen etc.

Skype sex = Doing a video chat + Romance + Showing Genitals (- Romance) (-Video)
    Often involves broadcasting of your private parts and how well you could play with them. Could be one sided or both. Often ends a little after one or both get satisfied or because of a power cut or hardware failure.

Skype business/conference call = Doing a video chat + Having one or more important topics to discuss.
    I know you don't want any explanation for this.

----------

That's all kind of Skype-ing for you.

What Guys Said 30

• From my experience Skype dates always go like this

img.ifcdn.com/.../...31a0f19c1be1e6f3f8a8972_1.gif

If its just for talking I call it a Skype call. I Skype call my parents, but I dont Skype date them lol

SVC (Skype Video Chat) is what I'll be calling it now, have been interesting. :] Kind of want to mass SVC people now.

I have been let loose upon the villagers! Muwhahah!

• Hm, yeah I've had em! And it's just like any other date really.

Show each other your surrounding area!
    Maybe eat together! Or if you're skilled like me, show off your skills in the kitchen and get the girl wanting to come over to try your meals ;). Watch a show together. And just talk about random stuff.

It's pretty regular stuff.

• To me, a Skype date is basically setting up a date with another person to video chat. It could be business related, friendly, or romantic.

However, when most people think of a Skype date, they think of it from a romantic point of view (especially if it's a person of the opposite sex with whom you've never Skyped before).

I've never Skyped before but I have face timed once or twice :p

I'm going to take your first. >:} - How often has a woman been able to say that to you?

I have plans tonight and Friday night... I'll hit you up about this weekend. :P

Haha. A woman has never said that to me because I'm usually the aggressor :p

And yes, you're free to pop my cherry... if you don't chicken out! :)

• I've rarely ever used Skype but guess a conversation that lasted more than 5 minutes and had been previously agreed to as a way to get to know each other , hopefully longer convo maybe 15 minutes at least

• I agree with you, when I ask to set up a Skype date I just mean to set up a day and time to talk to the other person

• We chat about everything kick boxing, sex, the weather, politics, working out, how much I love her, our children... Last night I made a video outside after dark with the crickets chirping and the tree frogs singing and set it to her, told her ho much she meant to me.. She got all horny but no sex... Getting her good and ready when we see each other..

• To me, Skype dates are a period of talking to someone on Skype for a certain amount of time. Video or not. No limits to how much or less is included in that.

• Yeah. I'd say it's just setting up an appointment/time to chat on Skype.

How often would you say you Skype? Curiosity

Between Skype and FaceTime I'm probably on one at least once every week or two. You?

It's been more frequent. Once or twice a week minimum.

Facetime is once a week, separate from Skype ^^. With my sister only though.

• Not a real date.

I was hoping for detail. Though, I remember that your comments (I see) are fairly short. Not surprised but slightly amused.

• A romantic important talk about two people, and their life together, or simply flirting

• One time I did a date and what we did was get our own food from the same fast food joint but in different areas obviously and ate them on Skype. Lol so yeah we treated that like it was a date

Aww, that sounds sweet. :] What happened from there?

What happened with that?

I broke up with her cause she kept arguing with me over small insignificant stuff. i couldn't take it anymore :P

• I would have to agree with you.

• Yeah, I've done them before, but not on Skype... just a video chat... I've never called them dates before, though...

• LOL "Skype Date" "Skype Sex"

Hard to believe that only 75 years ago 18 year olds were charging beaches in Normandy and we've come to this.

Age says "28" but you talk like you're around 100.

Then you're either the oldest person in the world.. or not human..

O. o You have my interest, go on.

A person of my age doesn't care for interest of the young ones. There are much more important things at hand, like beard stroking and staring off into space during stories that are narrated in sepia tone.

• Yeah not dates. A date is when you are there in person and you go out and have fun, or stay in and have fun. I feel the same about Internet relationships, like having an internet boyfriend or girlfriend. Such nonsense.

• Lol never done it so idk😛

• im pretty sure a lot of dudes thought you meant Skype sex, lmao

• Hah, I think anytime I'm going to have a Skype call with one of my friends who happens to be a girl, they tend to call them Skype dates.

With dudes, it's generally more: Get yo ass on Skype so we can catch up.

• A date is a face to face meeting. They are simply chat sessions. Of course, feel free to call them what you want.

• skying isn´t a "date" at all for me xD it´s just a video call. not spending quality time together.

• I don't think there is any such term.

• a what? Nothing counts as a date unless she's right there, in person!

I don't see them as dates. I mean set up a date (time and day) not that they're actually dates.

• We both cam and do something enjoyable online together.

• WTF is Skype sex or should I not even ask?

Google Search:

Feb 21, 2013 - Move over, sexting: Celebrities and other long-distance lovers are turning to Skype to get it on when they're not together.

Okay.

old-fashioned

:P

Don't mock me woman! lol :-p

• Waste of time.

• This is a new thing to me, it's different and it's nioce for people who live far apart

• Audio talking

• There's no such thing.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• I've never referred to it as a Skype date or had it referred to as that. Platonic or romantically.

It's always been "get on Skype." Or "skype, now."

And it usually has a lot more to do with moaning and various naked poses than any talking.

Good fuck I miss my daddy 😭

• I once had movie day via Skype. I considered that a Skype date. Just chatting or video calling, I refer to as regular Skype.

• I don't really consider Skype video chats dates.

• Skype = video chat === SEX duh
    What else would you expect from the Horny PIGS behind the screen

• I don't have Skype dates