My boyfriend sometimes looks at women... heard that a glance is ok if a girl is pretty but a stare is not. What is the difference between a stare & a glance?

0|0
1|4

Most Helpful Guy

• The amount of time spent looking is the obvious difference. A glance is just that , barely enough to to acknowledge they exist. A stare is more the I can't stop looking at them. Or repeated occasions of looking

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Thanks! The thing is that I feel like he looks at every girl.. He glances* at every girl. He is like extremely loving and we are talking about getting married etc. but I think this is strange... not sure if it is because of his latin American culture... or what

• 3mo

We guys appreciate the look of a pretty girl just as much as you ladies like the appearance of a hunky well dressed guy. Looking within its self isn't all bad unless a guy all all fall out of his chair over these women. Most of us aren't shopping nor are we comparing her to our woman. I will openly admit some guys do but the wast majority aren't like that

• 3mo

Thank you

What Guys Said 3

• a glance is a second or few. maybe 3 or 4 i guess

a stare is a focused look.

it's very subjective but i think you can tell the difference between a glance and a stare when you see it

0|0
    0|0
  • A glance would be a quick few second look. Whereas a stare lasts way longer and can be fairly noticeable

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you serious?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• The length of looking. A glance is a short moment. A stare is literally looking for a long time. Glance is seen as more innocent than a stare.

0|0
    0|0