What are your honest thoughts when you see a morbidly obese person?

• I feel disgusted
    19%(8)29%(20)Vote44%(12)
  • I feel sad/sorry for him/her
    63%(27)51%(36)Vote33%(9)
  • I feel everyone is perfect just the way they are
    5%(2)4%(3)Vote4%(1)
  • I feel attracted to him/her
    0%(0)0%(0)Vote0%(0)
  • Other
    13%(6)16%(11)Vote19%(5)

Most Helpful Guy

• to be honest, feeling disgust is a scientific feedback, preventing us from being that obese. We know that being that too much fat is no good for us (and no good for them either). Thus we will avoid that and act more healthy, which is why we receive the disgust feedback. Still, it is highly plausible that this man has an eating disorder or something else we do not know. You cannot judge a person entirely from just being morbidly obese. So while I might feel sorry, I might also think twice before being disgusted at someone who I only know the body size of.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that they must be in a lot of emotional pain to get to that point and are now in a lot of physical pain as well as emotional. And that they are just stuck in a cycle of self medicating with food only to feel worse and worse

Sponsored

What Guys Said 14

• Disgusted and sad.

Then I would think that person would be the first person I hit over the head and take down the basement with me for nourishment during a zombie apocalypse.

i2.kym-cdn.com/.../hariottttttttttt.png

• The first thought that comes to my mind is that it could be a genetic thing for that person. I mean not everyone gets fat, obese because of their lifestyle and eating habits, some people are naturally stout and they always have more body fat in them.

Yes at the same time I also think that this person is very negligent and careless about their health.

• I get kind of angry/sad. Like why would you let that happen to yourself? Unless you have a condition where you can't change it, it makes me mad.

• "Why did you let that happen"

• makes me motivated to workout more.

• It would remind me to be grateful, as there is always someone less fortunate than myself.

• People don't like fat people or do they wan to date one I'm fat and no one finds me attractive but I'm also ugly. Even fat women don't wanna date fat men they even believe they deserve the tall muscular guy but get pissed when a fat guy doesn't want to date a fat woman.

• Just because someones obese doesn't make then less of a person they can do the same things a skinny person can do its like why shouldn't someone sign a gay QB on a football team? If he can play like a straight QB and win my teams games I don't give a shit if he's straight, gay, bi, blue etc.

• My thought is: dead man/woman walking.

• I feel pity for them.

• I think that it actually takes effort to get that damn fat

• Gross

• A as fuck.

• idc tbh

• most of the time i feel pretty disgusted that someone can actually let themselves get like that, but then i think that it can possibly be an issue with the thyroid so i just withhold judgement

• That plus bad eating habits, which I do admit I have sometimes then there are times when I don't eat and times I pig out probably due to stress, be board and depression.

What Girls Said 16

• I feel really sorry for the person. I have been very overweight in the past, and have been fat for almost my entire life. What caused the weight gain? HORMONES. They were completely out of control, and caused me to gain weight. I worked out 5 hours a day but it didn't help. I couldn't do anything about it, until 5 years ago. Then the doctor finally helped me getting my hormones back on track. They still are not where they are supposed to be, but it's wayyyy better, and I am way skinnier.

My point is: not everyone gets fat from lack of exercise or overeating.

• I feel nothing, I just mind my business. My manager looks obese, my friend looks obese, it's not a thing I use to measure their value.

• I feel like it's none of my damn business to judge other people's appearances. And it's *definitely* none of my business to body shame them.

• I just think "oh a person" and carry on.

• no u don't lol

• @orphan well there Slick thats the point. There isn't anything to notice. It wouldn't even register in my mind. I can make note of one time when a obese person did stick in my mind... he was ordering a supersize meal and declined to donate a dollar to public safety which I found funnt since they would be doing his CPR.

• I would be worried about their health and think they should probably do something to improve it. But if that's the way they want to live, then that's their choice and there's nothing that we can really do about it.

• nothing. lol Its like saying how would I feel when I see a ugly person? Nothing, i feel nothing because i dont care.

• I feel sad for them because they're addicted to food and they probably don't want it that way. Going out in public probably isn't the easiest task for them either.

• I feel sad and sorry for them. Their life must be horrible and they must feel terrible.

• I am confused as to why they would continue to live that way.

• I don't know their situation. They could have a serious medical issue that is causing it. I don't jump to conclusions that they don't work out or eat the wrong things and too much. I tend to be neutral with everyone until I get to know them. If they tell me they don't exercise and eat fast food a lot, I'll feel bad for them and for their health.

• I feel sorry for them

• i feel sad

• A mixture of sadness and, honestly, disgust.

• Christ there's another fat fucker!

• I secretly whisper to who I'm with, that if I was that fat, I wouldn't leave my house.
    My mom is always saying glandular or change of life or something.

• www.relatably.com/.../53bea7c039f3f70870f934e5.jpg

But sympathetic because they probably are suffering from mental or physical illness.