Is it worth dating a women who has had her heart broken by another man?

My friends often tell me that women who have had bad relationships in the past become closed to love and having families and often become mean and have extremist feminist views. Is it worth dating a girl who has had her heart broken? Or should i leave her to be?

Most Helpful Girl

• Whaat? That's a quite pessimistic view. Same could be asked the other way around, "Is it worth dating a man who has had his heart broken by another woman?". If we all stopped dating people who have had their hearts broken, soon no one would be dating. That's part of life, heart ache. It's nearly impossible to find anyone that hasn't gone through it.

Sure it's inadvisable to start dating someone right after they get their heart broken and are still seriously hurting. It's very likely that it wouldn't end well for either of you. But time heals all wounds and after a while people get over the heart ache and are ready to date again. For some people it can be a shorter time period and for others, longer, we all take our time, but time helps us to forget.

If she has had very bad experiences with men, she will probably have her guards up, she needs more time to learn to trust you and she'll be more afraid to start a new relationship, but no matter, she's not a lost case. She's just hurt. What you have to do is be patient, to guide her to the right path and show her not all men are the same.

thanks, that's what i intend doing. Hopefully i can get her to trust and love again. I like her a lot

That's nice to hear. Hopefully it all goes well and she likes you back as much as you like her. I wish you the best of luck with her! :)

thank you so much :) I'll do my best

Most Helpful Guy

• Im trying to date my friend that has had her heart broken. Even I've had my heart broken [was engaged and she left me]. I use to be really pessimistic but her friendship turned that around. You have to be pacient and look at what she wants and figure out how she loves [The Language of Love]. If you feel deep in your gut that she is worth it, then move a mountain and be with her.

What Girls Said 13

• I've had my heart broken before and I'm now perfectly happy in a relationship with my new boyfriend. Most girls don't stay heartbroken forever. They need time to be alone after being heartbroken for sure, but they don't stay like that for the rest of their lives.

• Why not date her and then see if she has crazy views? Dating isn't exactly locking you both in. You're just getting to know each other to see if you even want a relationship or if you even click.

• I've had my heart broken probably 3 times and uhm, it doesn't make my existing any less "bad" or affect anything with my life. It just made me stronger and wiser about who I date. It's not something a person can help either. ANYONE can be dumped. It doesn't make you a bad person to be left by someone.

• U know if she's the one, you'll want to mend that broken heart and make her feel loved again. If you can fix that trust

• No.. a woman with a broken heart shouldn't be dating at all. She should be giving herself time to think and heal before entering another relationship. Women who do this are, obviously, on the rebound and is trying to find a man who can help her fill the void and take away the pain. But only time can heal such wounds, all this does is put stress on both people because her heart is still being held by another man. It's not fair to the new man, cause she's not capable of loving him or giving her heart to him either. A lot of people do this and in the end, it only causes more pain and confusion on both ends. So yes do her a favor and leave but do it kindly.. tell her she's not ready to love again just yet.. she needs to be a lone and grieve.. so she can finally get on the road to healing.

• Well if that's the case, you could argue the same thing about men

• Pretty much everyone gets their heartbroken at some point.. and pretty much everyone gets over it

• it is absolutely worth it!
    when you show her that not all guys are the same she will change her mindset about guys

• Yes. Everyone can overcome a broken heart.

• It is rare that you will find a woman who has never had her heart broken by a man.

really, you mean out there are that bad... woa

• Give her a chance. Everyone deserves a second chance.

guess you are right. I'll take that chance. Hopefully i can be good to her :)

thanks :)

😃😃😃😃

• I doubt you will ever find an adult woman who never had her heart-broken.

• No, that's silly. Some are as your friends describe, but they're usually girls who nobody good wants anyway and the ONLY guys they get are shitty guys so they become bitter after a few of these guys... one bad experience won't do that.

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, of course why not. I mean that man can mend her broken heart and once again renew her faith in love and relationships, so yes it's worth it. However he has to proceed slowly and must make sure he does nothing to hurt her.

• Do your friends tell you that life is simple and that all people respond to adversity by having the same reactions? Do your friends tell you that women are all automatons who respond according to programming and none have the capacity to overcome that? Do any of these friends actually have successful relationships with women? Do any of these friends call you a troll?

• You give her a chance... Maybe if you love her then she won't be everything that your friends described

• Just about everyone gets their heart broken. If you haven't, you probably don't date much.

• It's worth giving it a try.

• some choose to stay single because they fear getting hurt but the truth is you can't leave in fear

• No it's not. Why pay for an emotional debt you didn't cause?

• A women, women or a woman?

• Leave her be mate. It's not worth the emotional stress or baggage she'd carry into your relationship! There are plenty of other women out there who haven't been tainted so to speak 😆👍

Thanks for the upvote 😆

• God yes. If you like her, show it. Be nice to her no matter what. When she sees not all guys are assholes, she will snap out of it.