Single in high school?

so I'm a teen and I've never been in one relationship my whole life and I've always been sort of proud of that until I came to high school : ( everyone is so cute and it seems almost every other person is in a current relationship or has had an ex. I don't know I just feel really small, inexperienced, and a slight slice of unattractive. is it a good thing I'm not in a relationship? is it even important? thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't need a relationship with anyone for any reason at all other than unless you absolutely really want one. But most first time relationships in high schools or earlier really aren't going to last long and could cause additional distractions from your studies and life goals. College or post-college is probably better times to pursue relationships, otherwise unexpected things and bad decisions can happen, not necessarily saying that it will absolutely happen to you, but it's take your chances and do things at your own risk.

Things such as Teen Pregnancy unwanted or otherwise, dropping out of school for some other relevant reason as a result and then having to get a GED or similar instead of a diploma, making things more difficult for life and career later on.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your education is important. Dating boys is not.

You define you. Relationships do not define you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Think about it this way its less of a distraction from education. Use it as an advantage to get ahead in life. So much time and effort is needed in a relationship it will effect your school work. I know that probably sounds like something an old person would say but its the truth. Use not having a boyfriend to better yourself. Life is hard. You need any advantage you can get to focus on yourself.

• I never dated in HS.
    High school relationships usually don't last, so you're probably not really missing out on much.
    But I never dated cuz I was fat and ugly and no one liked me hahah

• Honestly, don't bother with high school relationships.