Guys, they say girls fall in love over a period of time, where as guys fall in love in a single moment.. Thoughts? Is it true?

They say that girls will usually fall in love between 3-6months of being with a guy where as a guy can fall in love in a split moment a woman does something. For example my guy friend said he can pin point the exact moment he fell in love with his girlfriend
Is this true? What are your thoughts? How do guys fall in love?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Each person is different! I have NEVER wanted a one-night thing, and never had casual sex. I need to know her, as a person, and like her, before I can feel anything sexual toward her.
    Yeah, guys, go ahead an talk smack! I'm used to it, but it is how I am. I respect women as equals, partners and friends, not playthings like so many seem to think!!
    The relationship is so much better, and when we get to know, and care, and trust, the loving is so much more intense, than just some casual thing, and the 6 seconds, or so, that most can maintain. . .

I was like you. Saw this girl i barely knew offten, didn't think much of it.
      Then WHAM! I was like: "How the f*** did this happen, it makes no sense?"

It happens man. It makes absolutely zero sense, but it happens...

What Guys Said 23

• By general rule yes this holds true most times but there are always exceptions.

Why true most times is that a girl's mind captures many things including traits of the guy in split seconds where they think it's an instant thing while most times guys wind up seeing her looks/body plus maybe something they liked

• Huh... I don't know about us guys in general, but from my little experience, then yes... It was pretty much "I feel something..." to "I think I am in love" in about eight months give or take. Does that make sense? My feelings grew greatly over time.
    As for guys falling in love, I feel like it is when you realize the connection with a person who is both attractive inside and outside that transcends that feeling, and oh boy does that feeling hold strong. But every guy is different!

• I don't know that "love" would be the right term. I can at times pinpoint the moment I realized that a deeper connection was formed and I knew I wanted that girl for something more than just sex. I myself separate sex and love though. Finding the person to share both with is a blessing but I can love someone deeply and not have sex with them, on the flip side I can have sex with someone and not love them at all. It all boils down to chemistry and the ability to gain that deeper connection. That's my opinion.

• Sadly, its true. I can pinpoint the exact moment too.

Im not sure what triggers it, really. You're usually at flirting stage or making out stage, frequently you're walking, you remember of her and then BAM! With a heartwarming feeling comes the sudden realization that you care. A lot. And then anxiety ensues... I have no idea what made me care so much. Every person was so different and I leked each for very different reasons.

• I don't think it's according to a persons sex myself.

One man wants this, another wants that. Some want both. Same with women.

The things you determine as important are what set your focus when looking for a companion.

I think it's closer to how we decide what we like to eat, by trial and error.

• I don't do love and haven't since high school since these days I'm less foolish and realize simple lust is better. But back then, sure, there was the at-first-sight thing happening ever so often. I thing in general most guys just want to get laid and make up the love thing to make his prospective lay drop her pants quicker.

• No. We might find someone sexually attractive at the start, but it takes us a lot of time to get past all the bullshit and evaluate you for who you are and determine if we actually even like you. We just show more initiative in getting to know people.

• yes, it's true. It's happened a couple of times in my experience.

One time was when me and a girl locked eyes for like 10 seconds. She had me in her clutches after that.

Then another time when I was hanging out with a girl at night and she started singing under the moonlight. I liked her little but then after that I fell in love

• We fall in lust in a single moment. We can fall in love quickly though.

• There's no solid rule on it

• Takes quite a bit for me, too. I might like someone a lot from first sight, but appearances can be and are deceptive.

• Untrue. You can lust over someone instantly, but you cannot know the core of someone instantly.

• Could be true. I liked a girl for months before as a friend, but I do know the exact moment when I suddenly felt "that way" about her.

• No. I know a male model who fucks 2 girls per night and gives them fake facebook account. Most of them come whining to him what a bastard he is, because they thought that romantic event (= one night stand) was the beginning of relationship.

Women are retardedly stupid.

• I fall in love with every cutie!.. In morning evening...

• ''guys'' is not one person therefor you will never get a straight answer. We are all dont think the same just because we are men lol

• Yeah get it cause women have periods and men don't? Derka derka

• I always thought it was the opposite. Maybe it depends on the individual.

• I guess that's why girls are so controlling sometimes knowing how quickly guys fall in love and yes i guess it's true but i'd call it more lust than love. We can also fall out of it pretty fast also

• yeah. once you fall in love, you fall in love. i realized that for girls is a slower process tho

• I think it's generally true, although guys can fall in love over a period of time too.

• I can say the exact moment when i started feeling something i couldn't explain, and the exact moment i was sure i like her a lot. It tok me about two months.

• Maybe lust but not love, that takes a little longer than that with me