Internet dating, a do or don't? Why?

Do you think its a good idea? Is it just lame and a waste of time? Have you, or anyone you know dated someone they met online? If so, how did it turn out?

• It seems to work for some, I'd try it.
  • Eh, I'd rather meet someone in person.
  • I'm all about the online dating thing
  • Who cares?

Most Helpful Girl

• It certainly works for some people. I've met a handful of new friends and gotten several dates out of one month of online dating (in fact, I have a date tomorrow). On the other hand, there are certainly plenty of complaints from people who just don't get contacted or can't seem to find what they're after.

I'd say online dating works best if you're attractive (because people DO often judge your picture before anything else) and good at describing yourself (gotta say something interesting in your profile to get good responses!), and if you happen to live in or near a major urban center (giving you more choices).

As far "oh, it's dangerous" goes, I usually take the liberty of looking up my prospects elsewhere online to make sure they are who they say they are. Also, be reminded that the internet isn't totally composed of creeps - it's mostly just normal people, like you and me.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes I use internet dating if I've been busy for a while and havnt been able to get out and meet people, I like to date couple of people a month...

its pretty simple, you meet, send a few emails. then arrange a time to meet up and then its just like any other date. if your worried about if the person is genuin or a creep then ask for more information OR ask a male freind or relative to go on the date with you...

hope that helps

-Chris

• it usually never works because you never end up meeting the person

What Girls Said 2

• I would not try to do that. I think it's dangerous and I enjoy meeting people in person.

• my current boyfriend added me on MySpace and we talked from there bt we went to the same skool and lived 15mins away from each other. after we exchanged numbers we hung out the next weekend and its been a year and a half later I don't know if that counts