What is the point of dating if I am going to keep meeting assholes? Should I just stop trying to talk to men altogether?

The last guy I talked to (not dated was an asshole), that was 2 years ago. I have not dated or talked to any guys for over 2 years, so I decided to give it a go and try to talk to guys on my campus, but I never asked for their numbers because wonder if I end up getting hurt again, I mean I would rather be single then get into some drama

3mo im not gay

Most Helpful Guy

• Well you're not going to keep meeting assholes, there are many guys out there who aren't. I'd just try to take things slowly and be selective about who you go with and don't fall into anything before you know them well enough. That will help to exclude the people you don't want. Unless you're completely happy with being single for the rest of your life, you're going to have to be prepared to try things again at some point. I enjoy dating if she starts giving me signs of not being someone I want to date I'll move on, a few bad experiences shouldn't stop you from getting what you want.

i have had a shitload of bad experiences

Most Helpful Girl

• Well being with someone else means the risk of getting hurt..

What Guys Said 5

• Sorry about your bad experience. Dating is just trial-and-error. Some people got lucky and found the right one, other might need to go through a bunch of asshole to finally meet Mr. Right.

My answer is : Keep on looking. Don't stop. You will gain valuable experience that help you filter out the assholes very quickly the more you date em.

• Have to ask yourself how bad do you want/need a relationship with a guy? Slot of us are assholes some of us warn people right off the bat. Best way to deal with an asshole is to be an asshole in return. Watch the old, really stupid movie called 'Team America' it might help answer your question in a more interesting manner.

• Meeting just two assholes in a two year period is pretty damn good. Dating at your age gets far worse than what you've described. You need to find away to deal with abrasive and unpleasant people. It's a critical life skill.

• You should start talking to the quiet guys that aren't so "confident". Those are the non-assholes you're looking for.

that was actually my next strategy, i did that once but he ended up ghosting me

@asker lol he probably sensed that you're using him or something, not even us quiet people like being back up plans or second choices😂😂

@ToruMatsuda i never used him

• That's like the guy who says all women are bitches and should he just date guys.

Dude, we know you're gay, just admit it to yourself.

In your case, it's not that you keep meeting assholes, it's that assholes are who you choose to date. Because you're attracted to assholes.

What's the point in dating if you're only going to date assholes?

Good question.

im not gay, me thinks you did not read the question, bye

What Girls Said 0