Is it all going to work out ok if I go out on a limb and confess my feelings for a close friend?

I've had some pretty intense feelings for my best guy friend lately. He and I have the same favorite band, and I invited him to go to their concert with me. Its tomorrow night, and I'm very excited/nervous. I finally told my best girl friend how I've been feeling, and her reaction was along the lines of "finally, I can't believe it took you this long to realize you two would be great together." I'm going to tell him how i feel after the concert tomorrow night, and while I'm obviously hoping for a positive response, I know thats its just as likely that he doesn't feel the same way, but I'm going to go crazy if I dont tell him soon. Has anyone had a similar experience, good or bad, and no regrets that they confessed their feelings?

Most Helpful Guy

• Even if it doesn't go your way it's still good because at least you tried. Then you can get closure and get on with your life. If you do nothing you'll wonder "what if" for the rest of your life. If he says "I'm not ready" that's what a pussy says for "I'm not interested unless you want to fuck." Do not wait around thinking he'll change his mind and do not become fwb's thinking he'll change because he won't. You say "well when you are ready look me up IF I'm still single"

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Guys Said 1

• Won't know unless you speak up.

What Girls Said 2

• It might workout but it could backfire too. Personally though, I think it's worth the risk if you really like him. If he does have feelings for you too, then it could lead to something great. :)

• I've had a similar experience and it went well when I confessed my feelings! I say go for it. The worst that can happen is he won't feel the same way, but you will never know if you don't try. Plus, it's attractive to guys when girls are straight forward. He'll respect you a lot more for it.