Am I sweating the small stuff or is he not interested?

I met a guy online, we text back and forth everyday, though sometimes it takes hours for him to text back, most of the time he apologizes. We have video chatted quite a few times and each session lasts a couple hours. The problem w/that is he suggests we vid chat, then he forgets completely until I ask him (he is pretty much always open to vid chat). He never rushes me off vid chat and even chatted w/me 2x in one day because his friends came by. Yesterday I asked him if I could come down and visit him for a day (he lives kinda far away) and he was definitely into it and we pretty much set a day and what we would do that day. Is this type of communication from him concerning? In the past guys acted like this and later I find out they aren't as invested as me in moving forward. Personally would this concern you?

3mo I don't mind if this is his texting style, I just want to make sure he interested.

Most Helpful Guy

• Texting is not never meant to replace verbal or physical communication. Think of texting as sticky note that you send to your so and so. Now that's out of way , text when things that needs to be addressed not when you want to. Now to prove this, he was more than welcome to see you physically and chat with you verbally. It didn't take hours now did it? The thing was texting is just a 5 minute thing you do to state what you want. After that your just begging to be ignored. If you text to set up to hang out then you his 100% attention.

Most Helpful Girl

• From where I am sitting, @20113isbomb, you Both have Had this Receptive Repore with possibly More in Store. Open lines of Convo in any LDR is one of the Most important Factors in Keeping the Flames Going and Flowing.
    He seems to be Into you, I have not seen any Red Flags here, dear, and he is even Game to Having you come Down when You are in Town.
    He appears Johnny on the Spot as Best as Anyone who Lives no Stone's Throw away, and isn't Putting you on any Back Burner.
    Good luck and No worries. xx

What Guys Said 1

• It's not concerning at all, especially if he is the one to suggest video chatting. Maybe he just doesn't like having long conversations via texting (I don't). It seems like he likes you to me.

Except I have to remind him, as I said good that he wants to, but bad that he forgets.

What Girls Said 6

• There are too many variables to the frequency a person likes or dislikes in texting, video chatting, etc to really come to any conclusion about a someone on this, especially when you do not know them well.

I think it is great that you suggested you meet and that you guys will be meeting soon.

My advice is to revisit this topic after you meet, if you still have concerns.

Hopefully, you won't. :)

Good luck with your meet. I hope it goes well. :)

• Yes i would be concerned because if we're talking on the phone 24/7 why hasn't he asked me on any dates or perhaps take me out instead of wanting to be on the phone 24/7 . Phone calls means nothing these days because that's just the basics some guys plan to use to make a girl seemed flattered and deep down knowing its a pain in the butt when he calls that phone for video chatting. Only hookups, meetups and no dates what so ever. It's the small stuff but it always has a greater meaning because "not getting a message is also a message".

In case you bump into any other guy in your lifetime just know that if a guy is interested they will show you and you wouldn't have to think twice with a "what if". You wouldn't have to lift a finger and the only movement you would do is going with the flow. (Not talking about sex or one night stands)

The trouble is he lives in another part of the state, that's why we haven't been on a date.

• It's definitely a flag. Don't get your hopes up.

• I think you're sweating the small stuff. Everything sounds fine to me, I don't see the issue.

• Everything is okay :) no need to worry

• This all sounds fine but one thing I wouldn't do is travel to where he lives. Maybe ask him if he's interested in coming to you instead. That might be a good idea to see how interested he really is.