If you REALLY REALLY like someone but you know he/she isn't the one, would you still approach?

Imagine that you can see the future and you've seen your future self happily married with someone who's not this guy/girl. Would you still wanna date this guy/girl? :p

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. The idea of 'the one' is kind of crazy. Eight billion people on the planet, but you only want to interact intimately with ONE? That is a massive waste. Life is short. Get to know people, make memories, really truly live. It's okay to love, okay to be loved, okay to have your heart broken a few times. We move on from broken hearts. We let go of grudges. Do you really want to be sitting in your rocking chair at 80 thinking about all the fun you didn't have just in case they weren't the one? Men are freaking fantastic. Enjoy a few of them!

P. S. Enjoying them does not necessarily mean sleeping with them. I am not advocating questionable sexual behavior here. All I am saying is there are a lot of laughs and a lot of adventure waiting to be had.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. What's the alternative? NEVER date, until you meet the girl you think is "the one" ?

And then just magically be an expert at relationships?

What Girls Said 16

• Would still fuck them at least

• You can have a future with whoever choses to want that with you, there is no such thing as the one. It is a choice between you and that person. If you both a want a future together, you have to start doing right and just do it unless you sense something may not be right. However its using wisdom, being wise with your choices and who you two pick. For not everybody is fit to be with you.

• I guess by approaching and talking to them, is the only way to find out if they are suitable for you or not. Its always important to establisth the fundamental facts first. Are they already spoken for? Are you getting good vibes from them?
    It might take a few weeks or months. That's what I do when I'm interested in someone I don't really know. If I find out he's single and likes me as much as I like him. I would definitely try dating him.

• I don't like people "REALLY REALLY" much unless they are indeed the one. In fact, that hasn't ever happened yet.

• I don't think so... if I seen him and know how he looks so I can say it's not him than I wouldn't get with Mr. B. It's stupid but I would feel like a cheater... if You're waiting for the one than You wait for the one.
    If I don't know how he looks than I would like to know tho other guy so I could see if it's him or not...

• ther's no such thing as "the one". it's a ridiculous notion.

• If you 'really really' like them, then they should fit your criteria for the 'one' right? Isn't that the definition of the 'one'? Someone who you really really like? Now I'm confused. :-|

• I'm not sure

• No, because those are my mistakes in the past acknowledging some i knew wasn't right for me and ended up regretting everything.

• I don't mind wasting time so yeah. Never be scared to make memories.

• Sure better friends than strangers!

• No I would avoid him of course

• No. I have no excuse. I am stupid like that.

• Depends what the reasons are for not thinking theyre "the one", if it's not something bad I'd give it a go

• I wouldn't want to approach them but I'd probably end up doing it anyway

• I don't date girls and applied the question to dating a man. Yes, I would still consider dating him as if I haven't met the one yet, I might miss out on a wonderful experience with this guy.

Will that make you feel like you're cheating your "the one"? :p

Oh so you have dreamt about this girl but can't find her? Or have you seen her but have yet to meet her?

I was talking about you, why did u switch it to me? :p

What Guys Said 9

• If I saw my future with somebody else, then I wouldn't approach because I knew I'd have someone better. There would be nothing to regret about.

• But that begs the question how would you actually know whether or not they were the one?

You've seen what "the one" looks like.

Maybe you don't get the question. Anyways, thank u for your two cents.

Lol it's just the way you worded it is a bit strange is all.

• To pump and dump duh jkjk

• There's no such thing as "the one".

• Yeah Ill approach! it won't hurt to talk

• There's no Plan B if that distracts you from Plan A.

• Well of course not the whole point of being with someone is because you think that persons the one

• id say No

• yes.. . .