Guys, Would you date a girl with depression/ anxiety?

Please no rude comments.
i suffer from bad panic attacks and it sets off my depression. I didn't choose this- but it seems like in every relationship I'm in it gets in the way and people normally judge what they dont understand.

29

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Guys Said 28

• That's really a wide open question. Some men won't because they classify all mental health issue as a bad thing. In many cases, panic attacks can be at least somewhat controlled. I have a close female friend who suffers from panic attacks. She is on a medicine that greatly reduces them to maybe one or two a month. She also suffers from depression, but her panic attacks don't cause it like yours do you. My friends husband is a wonderful support system for her. He has learned when he should do something to help and when to let her be by herself. Her kids also understand and allow Mom her space. See a doctor that undersatnds panic attacks and depression. A mental health professional would be the best for you. Many general practioners know a little bit, but not near enough to deal with a patient that has the problems you do. Having support from those around you that understand what you go through can help immensely. I wish I could help you more, but I don't know near enough to give you direct advice, just general. Just know there is help available for you. You just have to do the work to find it. I hope you do because I understand what you go through and it's so hard for you. Most people do not underestand that you can't just turn off a panic attack. It's as real to you as waking up in the morning is. You can do it as impossible as it may seem! You just have to believe help is available and persue it. As far as the men, try to help them understand and if they don't, they do you no good anyway. It hurts losing them, but you have to take care of you. I wish you the very best!

Thank you kind soul

You are quite welcome! I hope I helped at least a little. Always be good to yourself. Know that you don't have to always be as you are now.

• Yes, I have had depression in the past and still do to some extent and I have a couple of friends that do as well so I know how to deal with it. though it isn't easy and it is stressful.

It sure can be but after the rain comes a rainbow.

Eh, yeah but even that can take a long time if not years to come. in the mean time you should keep fighting through it regardless of how hard it gets.

yeah i take it one day at a time.

• I don't believe in rude comments! 😜

Anyways, if I am dating a girl with depression or anxiety, and she really is a great person, then I will be by her side while she recovers. I believe everyone needs a person by their side in the worst of times.

But if she actively pushes me away or floods me with her negativity, then I just might leave her. It has to be more good than bad for me to stay.

Thats understandable haha no I dont flood anyone with negative behaviour. What i mean is when people want to do things and there's days were i dont want to and kind of just want to keep to myself and thats what i mean it gets in the way cause the partners then think im not interested or im seeing someone else.

I am sure if you actually tell them that, then I don't know. It would take its toll on your significant other... I think you knew this already considering what you said in your OP.

• From what I see it's not hard for guys to find interest in you so.. you gotta run through the catalogue and it's not gonna be fun.

Or you can be like me and say fuk dis and focus on other things rather than getting into a relationship

• I would. I'm disabled due to major depression

• Anxiety, maybe. Depends on how bad it is. I have in the past. It made certain activities not much fun.

Depression, though... no. It's not happening. As soon as I see an antidepressant in her purse, on the counter/sink, in the medicine cabinet, whatever, I walk.

Whys that? Normally depression and anxiety go hand in hand. Depression doesn't mean the person is damaged?

It's his personality. Some people can accept it and some people can't, it depends on the person

I'm not a psychiatrist. I'm not here to "fix" anyone, or help them through anything. I don't get paid for it, it's not mandatory, and it's not fun, so I'm not doing it. I have too many things I COULD be doing, too many things I enjoy, to waste time on someone with mental problems.

• Since I work in the medical field, I have to ask if you've seen a physician about this yet? I am not a doctor myself, but just wondering how far you've pursued this from a medical point of view. Feel free to private message me if you'd like!

• Like, we could be out and about and suddenly you have a panic attack and start freaking out on me? Ya, no thanks. Sounds like way too much drama for me to deal with.

• I mean, if you have multiple relationships breaking because of the same thing, the problem is probably not with them

• No more drama queens please.

• Yep
    I'd make her life awesome and help her to fight with it
    I'd hit on you but your boyfriend might kill me 😂 LOL

• I would rather not have that baggage. The good news is, nobody can tell that you have depression unless you told them or they hang out with you long enough.

• This is tough, I usually only leave rude comments.

Anyways, I guess the question is would you date a guy with depression or anxiety?

My answer: it depends on the degree of depression and anxiety. I've dealt with both of those things before.

Of course id date someone with it. i know its something they didn't choose and normally they are developed by a tramatic childhood or something in the past happened to them. It can also be genetic so its not their fault. I have a huge heart and I love to help those who have been dealt a crappy hand of cards.

• Yeah I would.

• Been there, done that to a degree, it can be hard sometimes but you have to stick with it.

• Personally I would, my ex fiancée had really bad anxiety and panic attacks. I remember doing what ever I could to help her. People have differnt things bogging them down and deal with it differently but in the end the heart wants what it wants and if that person really wants to be there, they should be willing to be there for you and help you through the depression and anxiety.

• Those people you dated probably don't care to much. Maybe that's why they're judgy. I have anxiety too but its not as bad as it was years ago. I would date a girl like you lol I'd be more caring because I know what they're going through😊

• Nah I'll pass

• depends on depression level if you speak too much non-sense for me i wouldn't. But most of the guys would, i suppose.

• I wouldn't.

• I would, yeah why not. If there is good to her.

• Sorry but no

• Yes i will

• Depends. Is she attractive and does me good in bed? Sure, I would tolerate her for awhile.

• Do you mean your paranoid as fuck and accuse your man of cheating on you at even the most smallest suspicious behavior?

Not even close.

Well it wasn't it.

K well im done here assume what you want.

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more