The things, traits, attributes, that make a guy attractive and successful with women, it seems they help him in other areas of his life?

such as his career, such as getting promoted at work, getting a raise, etc., meanwhile the things, traits, attributes that make a woman attractive and successful at attracting men, it seems they mainly, primarily only help her in her dating life.

Has anyone ever noticed that? i sometimes wonder why life, society has to be that way.

0|0
1|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I have noticed that. But it is not as absolute as you think. For example, in some occasions, a good-looking woman without skills may easily find a job compared to a girl who's not as good-looking who may have the skills.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Evolutionary behavior. We have millions of years of evolution to contend with. Attraction doesn't always reward practical qualities today.

For example, Bill Gates might make an excellent boyfriend or husband to a girl but he's not exactly the type of guy girls are going to be swooning over. To me that's because, again, millions of years of evolution. Our behavior isn't necessarily adapted to modern and civilized society. That only covers the most miniature time-span on the evolutionary scale.

If you threw Bill Gates into a small social group living in the wilderness, he'd probably be the runt of the litter, the most unpopular person in the bunch, and maybe the first to die. Males who are generally most instinctively attracted to the widest range of females will typically be the types who possess some of the qualities to thrive and be respected and admired and maybe even lead in such an environment.

Meanwhile males tend to be instinctively attracted to women whose lower spine, say, arches at a 45 degree angle:

i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...age-a-7_1425469213222.jpg

... apparently from a study because women with spines like this had a more forward center of mass which allowed them to do things like foraging for longer periods with reduced stress and fatigue during pregnancy.

Us guys do tend to like this type of angle to the lower spine, pushing out the derriere (and it's a quality accentuated by heels if the woman does not naturally possess it), but how practical is it now to favor women who had a foraging advantage during pregnancy? Nevertheless it seems such preferences persist -- millions of years of evolution again.

Fortunately humans aren't completely instinctive creatures. They can override their instincts and choose people more on a rational kind of account away from what instincts compel them to choose. But those instincts are still a very powerful force of attraction.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Males who are generally most instinctively attracted [/attractive] to the widest range of females will typically be the types who possess some of the qualities to thrive and be respected and admired and maybe even lead in such an environment.

• 3mo

I realize this is not a perfectly direct answer to the question but society tends to reflect nature to some degree (sharing the same kind of evolutionary "seed", to to speak, but branching out in very abstract ways).

Unfortunately if a girl chooses a guy she isn't instinctively attracted towards, what would be the best qualities on paper for a male? Probably at the top would be financial success so that he can provide her and her child a luxurious and stable lifestyle.

Men could do this too if they wanted. They could choose a sugar mama, for example, on a rational basis instead of what instinctively attracts them. But this might be a bit more rare since males are currently expected by society to be typically self-sufficient. That might start to become a bit more blurry if women are held to the same types of standards and expectations as males.

In any case those instincts cannot be ignored typically, even if humans are capable of completely overriding them.

• 2mo

ya, specifically, the traits, attributes that make a man attractive and successful with women, i already have noticed for a while now that they help a guy in his career as well, such as getting promoted at work, but specifically, i just never knew how though, how and why do they help, benefit a man in his career?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• ya, i've noticed that for a few years now

0|0
    0|0
  • That's how men made the world - the things that get guys what they want, should matter in other areas.

The things that make women attractive - well, for men, that's all that those things are important for.

0|0
    0|0