Age gap?

Do you think you need to worry about age gaps within relationships?

If so what's the gap?

What's the oldest a 20 year old should go for or doesn't it really matter as long as your in love?

Does it matter who's the oldest the male or the female?

What do you think, let me know

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly I don't think it's important, for the most part. I'm dating a girl who is 6 years younger than I am. To add to that, with a lot of the people I dated, there was an age gap, either I'm the younger man, or the older man, only one was ever really close to my age. Really though that kind of thing isn't really important. If you really care about the person you're dating it shouldn't bother you.

I will say this on the other hand, there are minor drawbacks. For example for an older guy dating a younger girl, a lot of the time people are probably going to be people looking at this guy like he's a pig chasing younger tail. I know I got a lot of that in my time. But aside from that it's no big deal You only need to be supportive if it's an older guy, and maybe stand up fro him from time to time if they get out of hand.

Anyway really this isn't the biggest deal. If whoever you're dating means that much to you, then things such as age, race or whatever really shouldn't even enter your mind too much.

Good luck with this.

What Guys Said 5

• well I'm 25 and usualy go for people in there late 20's to early 30's simply becouse they usualy have higher self esteam.

• It doesn't matter unless someone is dating someone underaged

• I tend to hang out with girls a lot younger than myself, so I don't really pay much attention to age. Just remember, for the most part, guys mature more slowly than women.

• I think you should just follow your heart. Age means nothing if you love him & he loves you. Sometimes real love only comes once in a lifetime no matter what the age gap is.

• I agree with Toban, if you both care for each other age shouldn't matter as long as your happy.

What Girls Said 1

• My sister is 20 and her boyfriend (soon to be fiance?) is 27. They are very happy. Probably one of the best relationships she's been in. I don't think age matters that much, it's about how two people and their personalities fit :)