Do girls get Teased a lot about Marriage?

Girls who are in their mid twenties, do they get teased a lot about not being married or having a boyfriend? Especially if they are Asian? How does this make them feel?

Side Story:
I was talking to this girl my age, I liked her and was just making small talk. We were at a festival, and one of the stalls was about marriage luck. Her parents came up and teased her she needed to go there... Right infront of me... I think she was embarrassed because after that she completely stopped talking to me... Even though I tried talking to her again later. She was embarrassed right?

Most Helpful Girl

• If she was Chinese there is a strong possibility that her parents are traditional and they expect her to be married at a certain given time. Teasing at this point is not funny as its very difficult and never recking for a person who came from a traditional home who's not following traditional standards.

Girls in general do get teased a lot by people who expect them to be married or get married period. Especially if she is considered 'attractive' by a lot of people. If she refuses marriage and a boyfriend overall, she may get shunned. And it can be quite embarrassing. It really doesn't matter where she is from or where she leaves. Tradition will always follow her and bind her to a way of living she doesn't want to live, or can't for the sake that there is nobody she can meet those expectations with. One who won't also stigmatize her as well.

Thanks for all the opinions everyone!

It really sucks there is so much teasing from the people closest to you!

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends but usually it is done by the parents or their freinds that just got into a relationship with someone, or a busy body freind.
    They don't like it. Being teased about it is kind of like being teased that your to short or to tall. They can't control it. They just have to find a guy they like and after a while maybe marry him. It is really embarrassing to them especially when they are with a guy that they like. TO them it is like hey you found a guy hurry up and marry him!. Wait a while and try talking to her again.

When ever my family or freinds tease me about it. I either ignore it or just say owell I'm looking. I will find someone when I find someone. It is real annoying now cause I'm the last of 13 grandchildren and I'm the only one without a wife and a child. It is sadly getting worse and it is starting to get really embarrassing and aggravating when my family asks. It is like no don't ask there is no one yet. Honestly if you have not gotten a wedding invite then don't ask. It will happen when it happens.

Thanks for mho

What Girls Said 19

• Ooooh brother!! It annoys me soooo much! My grandma is the worst in this! And now my mom started -_- And this goes to the point were I can't take it and talk back aaaand than we start a fight. Aaand there's also my moms friends and friends of the family... same shit. Ooooh and the talking about grandchildren God help me!! -_- It's sooooo annoying, like sorry all my life don't go around finding a guy and marrying him. Shame on me that that's not my main goal... -_- Shame on me!

My grandma would probably think I'm satanic if I told her I couldn't care less about me not getting married.

But what annoy me the most is that people are so closed minded that they really don't see anything more worth living if not to get married and have kids and die... Like if You don't do that You're a lost, sad, unhappy soul.

• Omg this is the reason why i hate family reunions or just meeting relatives and family in General (asian here). The usually questions arise: so, do you have a Bf? If you do: so, when will we get the invitation? If you are married: so, is your belly filled yet? If you are pregnant: so, when are you due? (OK this is normal) if you have a baby: so, when is the second baby coming?

Omg I feel like ripping my hair off just thinking about these end less questions!

• Depending on where a woman is, there can be a lot of pressure to get married. of course every family is different, but culturally, there can be a a historical stigma.

Chinese women
    https://youtu.be/irfd74z52Cw

Wow that's pretty harsh, especially for Chinese girl... I bet even if they live in America it's probably the same... Wow... I can't imagine how those girls feel... At least the ending was happy in the video, but it seems like a lot of their parents wouldn't be happy without the camera...

• My parents often tease me about getting married to my boyfriend, knowing that them talking about it makes me uncomfortable. I don't really get teased by anyone else about it, maybe a few jokes from our best friend but it's nothing too serious.

• I'm white and have been getting bothered about how I 'should be looking for someone to marry' for years now. When I was single, as well as now, even though I've been with my boyfriend for almost three years.

• Yes my relation's are always pestering me because I've not had a boyfriend yet. I always get asked " are you winching yet?" "So have you got a boyfriend yet?"

• At this point people have stopped asking :(

I don't know too much about the female side of things... Doesn't sound too good, I thought it was just stereo types and on movies... Didn't think it was real... Sounds harsh

I think at some point being close to 35 and with no prospects, people decide to be kind rather than depress you more.

• Yes. It's pretty much a daily tease that got old a long time ago.

• I get teased for being married so young haha. She sounds like she was mortified and probably thought she was a dork and just pitied her.

• Yeah I guess. My parents aren't like that, but society def pressures women to get married younger in my opinion

• Yes!! I've been with my boyfriend for a year now and everyone constantly teases me about marriage and asking when the wedding is. It's annoying because it might get the girls hopes up that one day they will marry that guy but what if something goes wrong or they break up? It's a lot of pressure really.

• Hell, even in our early 20's and late teens (18/19) we get teased about it.

• I think women are told to put off marriage and kids and focus on themselves/career more these days.

• I haven't yet actually

• Ever since I turned 20 the comments and jokes about marriage have slowly been building up.

• Yes and normally from other women. The insult of "I have a husband and you don't"

• My grandparents asked me why I wasn't married and pregnant yet.

• Screw society. I want to improve my life. Still in school

• Mid 20 is a ripe age for marriage especially in Asia as prolonged marriages, celibacy or friendship with a guy is frowned upon. Our parents get worried if we Asian girls are not into marriage fold.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like it