What can be done to raise awareness about the discrimination against Indian men on the dating scene?

Indian men aren't given a fair go on the dating scene.
There have been many successful campaigns in the past to raise awareness for a variety of causes, such as discrimination against homosexuals or those with mental health illnesses or the socioeconomically disadvantaged. I feel it's time to start campaigning for equality for Indian men too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well this is the thing: nothing can be done.

You can't force people to want to date a particular race, even if you feel it's discriminatory. People have the right to pick a partner based on what they are attracted to, and there is no fair or logical way to really make it so that Indian men have a "fair chance" to date whoever they want because you really can't do that without forcing somebody to give up their preferences, which in this day in age is never going to happen. Their rights aren't being violated so campaigning that people should date you likely isn't going to go very far.

If you wanted to approach it as spreading awareness about the culture to get rid of misconceptions, that would be another thing that could actually prove to be a fruitful venture.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Discriminiation" is an overused word but (in the US) it generally refers to a protected class of people being denied rights that are guaranteed by our Constitution and statutory laws. There are no laws which guarantee that all girls will want to jump on Indian bones. If girls aren't attracted to you. . . deal with it.

What Girls Said 8

• Unfortunately not much, some women just don't go for certain types of men. It sucks and seems unfair but it's something you just have dust your shoulders off and move on from. Hey, I'm black.. and just because of that a lot men won't go for me.. nothing I can do about it. I'm sure there's plenty of women who wouldn't mine dating an Indian man.. you just gotta seek them out.

• Dude all you're gonna get from here are more people that hate indians lol.

• As a die hard fan of Bollywood, it made me realized that Indians men can be very attractive too. Even in real life!! I went to an Indian restaurant & I met an Punjabi waiter & he is hot as hell! But since I'm Black African, he didn't really take the first move though I DAMN KNOW he always found me attractive. *shrugs* Don't worry about it.

• Indian men have a reputation for being creeps.

• Some people are just not attracted to certain races. You can do nothing about it.

• Really dude?

• Nothing, you can't fight sexual selection.

• There are some really hot, attractive Indian guys who are very cool, have great personalities, and have no problem getting dates. Honestly though, I run into more Indian men who are creepy as hell. I don't know if it's a cultural thing or what but there are a lot of Indian guys who are just really thirsty and act desperate to be close to a woman. The Indian guys here who follow under 4 guys yet follow over 150 girls don't help.

What Guys Said 10

• i think you just have to find a way to bring awareness to it. how do you do it? similar ways other issues of awareness regarding discrimination have been brought about.

it tends to require finding a way to deliver a uniform message to large amounts of people. expressing how the discrimination occurs and why it is wrong

• I suppose look at any successful anti discrimination that have worked on dating sites but I doubt there have been many. A dating site has to allow bias, the anti discrimination policies you talk off are probably in outside society. Again the only logical place you have if people are abusive, they should get their profiles or posts removed.

• You want a fair go on the dating scene, be the best damn guy you can be. You think you get an unfair rap because of other Indian guys, don't be like them. Anyone who won't give you a chance because of this wasn't worth your time anyway.

• Nothing, you can't change personal preference.

might as well have a campaign about short guys as well since sometimes they complain the dating scene is hard.

• Just forget about it them and us we will never get along.

• Its people following people. Much like we blindy follow religion, race is the same way. Black girls are least desired and now everyone feels that way too

• Date an Indian dot com. Im sure there's billions of Indian girls wanting to date you.

• Do you want me to list down the number of things you need to change about yourself for being noticed?

Noooo... Let's not even get there.

• Self improvement lessons for Indian guys.
    Which includes abolishing that stupid never cut your hair thing or never shaving and wearing the stupid thing to cover the hair.

• Just get indian men to stop raping and assaulting their women - and then helping the police to cover it up and the judiciary to avoid bringing cases to trial.

Once you sort that out, you'd be amazed how much more likely women will be to date you.