Had the worst date of my life?

So last week a guy asked me to have lunch date with him on Saturday. I said yes and when Saturday came it started off okay. but then he was every 5 min on his phone. sometimes while I am still saying something he would take his phone and say sorry be with you now.
At a stage I really felt like I could smack his phone out of his hands.

Like don't invite me for a lunch date and then hardly talk to me.
Why do men do this?

Most Helpful Guy

• That is the worst thing to do on a date. Very rude. He should've turned the damn thing off or at least put it on silent.

Thanks for MHG. I'm guessing that was the first and last date with that guy lol

What Guys Said 2

• I've never done that... So maybe he's unaware of how rude it is. People love their phones a lot more than they used to.

that is just one thing I don't do when I have a date with someone, is be on my phone the whole time.

Ya, it's not a great thing to do. Only reason I'd be on my phone during a date is if there was some kind of emergency. And even then I'd probably let the other person know.

Same here. But the whole time is another reason. I could have gone somewhere else but made plans with this person and felt like I had a date with his phone.

• He's immature. Next time before saying yes to a guy, google him :p

What Girls Said 2

• I've never had a dude do this. At my workplace, there are A LOT of men, and in my experience, not even on dates but if they just come over to talk to me, or I go to talk to the, they completely put their phones away and give me their undivided attention.

• He either wasn't that interested what you were saying or has a severe case of adhd. I would ask him right then if I was boring him so much why ask me out? Just go ahead and take me back home or ill leave.