Had the worst date of my life?

So last week a guy asked me to have lunch date with him on Saturday. I said yes and when Saturday came it started off okay. but then he was every 5 min on his phone. sometimes while I am still saying something he would take his phone and say sorry be with you now.
At a stage I really felt like I could smack his phone out of his hands.

Like don't invite me for a lunch date and then hardly talk to me.
Why do men do this?

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• That is the worst thing to do on a date. Very rude. He should've turned the damn thing off or at least put it on silent.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

Thanks for MHG. I'm guessing that was the first and last date with that guy lol

What Guys Said 2

• I've never done that... So maybe he's unaware of how rude it is. People love their phones a lot more than they used to.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3mo

that is just one thing I don't do when I have a date with someone, is be on my phone the whole time.

• 3mo

Ya, it's not a great thing to do. Only reason I'd be on my phone during a date is if there was some kind of emergency. And even then I'd probably let the other person know.

• 3mo

Same here. But the whole time is another reason. I could have gone somewhere else but made plans with this person and felt like I had a date with his phone.

• He's immature. Next time before saying yes to a guy, google him :p

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I've never had a dude do this. At my workplace, there are A LOT of men, and in my experience, not even on dates but if they just come over to talk to me, or I go to talk to the, they completely put their phones away and give me their undivided attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • He either wasn't that interested what you were saying or has a severe case of adhd. I would ask him right then if I was boring him so much why ask me out? Just go ahead and take me back home or ill leave.

0|0
    0|0