Girls, Girlfriend wants to take a break after just over a month of dating. She says she can't handle a serious relationship right now. Should I leave?

Basically me and my girlfriend have been dating for just over a month which was fine until we started arguing over petty things. A lot. The most extreme case I can think of is one evening we were spending time together and she was eating while we were watching tv. I hear her start coughing and she is eating so I think "oh she might be choking" so I pat her on the back a few times and the last pat or whatever I may have hit her too hard. She got mad at me for like 2 days even though I apologized and told her I thought she was choking. She has a history with abusive boyfriends so maybe I triggered something? So she decides we need a break for a uncertain amount of time because her life is to stressful right now and she can't have a Boyfriend adding to that. Tbh, she should be able to handle a boyfriend with life. Anyway, she's 16 and I'm 18 so there's a gap in age and maturity. she can be immature, she acts like a child if she doesn't get her way. We've had sex and she was my first, I was her second. A thought that bothers me an absurd amount. Anyway, she says she cares about me and she was the first to say "I love you" I said it back but only because I didn't want to make her feel like I didn't want her. I do care for her very deeply but I don't throw those words around lightly. I might say them and mean it 4-6 months in but not a month in. When she requested this "break" I thought she may have been losing attraction towards me but then she says that while we're on this "break" she won't talk or do anything with other guys and we can still have sex. Kinda like friends with benefits. It is incredibly hard being just her friend after feeling so close to her. I mean it has never been about the sex with me, it's nice sure, but if it doesn't mean anything I don't see a point in it. Is she playing games, do you think she'll remain loyal, I've asked her to promise me her loyalty but she won't. Which is sketchy as hell. What do you thinks going on? Should I end it?

3mo She says she needs to figure out her feelings on wether she's happy with me or not. I treat her like a queen, like a man is supposed to treat a woman. In the beginning she treated me just as good. Now she doesn't even act like she cares. It would be so easy to just say forget it I'm done, but she was my first. I've never been this close to someone before. My feelings are getting in the way of what obviously is a toxic relationship.

5

Most Helpful Girl

• If the situation isn't working for you, is it really worth it?

Sounds like you two are incompatible. I totally get her reaction to your pats on her back. She was in an abusive relationship, those types of situations messes with a persons head.

And you say that she gets upset over small things and can be immature. Is this really a person you want to be with?

She also won't promise you loyalty, which sounds like something that's important to you. So when she isn't with you, are you going to be worrying about who she's with and what she is doing? I personally don't think that is worth it.

There are plenty of girls who will want to be with you, in a relationship and will give you their loyalty.

You two are both still young too, so this most likely isn't your future wife (if you do decide or want to get married some day).

Plus if she is sleeping with you and other guys too, then she is putting you at risk for contracting things, if she is not careful. in my opinion it's just not worth it. If you want loyalty, it's not the right situation for you.

What Girls Said 4

• She sounds like a childish bitch. I wouldn't bother with her. There are plenty of fish in the sea and the good ones don't get mad at you for such minor things.
    Plus, do you really want to be her booty call?

• If someone wants a break with me, I would just break up.
    I wouldn't want to date your girlfriend if I were you...

• Do it before she does.

• Leave, if she's not ready, then she ain't ready.