When is a romantic relationship truly over and no hope for a recovery?

Would you agree that when you are truly over someone, is when you don't feel anything for them anymore? Like no hate and no desire, just nothing. Like you wouldn't even feel anything if she/he walks hand in hand with another person down the road.

In contrast, if the person still hates you or tries to avoid you or feel uneasy about you when they see you, then there's still a chance?

Most Helpful Guy

• Situation one, it's definitely over. No more development or growth for the relationship. Just totally dry and stagnant. Best to just move on and split up and do it all honestly. Something must have happened, but it's probably to late to really fix the stagnancy at this point.

Situation two, they're holding a grudge over you for something you did or did not do or did not meet their expectations. I think this case you can still do what you can to improve the relationship or go on a break or something. No absolute guarantees though. You will both have to work out between you whatever it is that is causing conflicts between you two. If the compromise, communication, and negotiations all works out in the end then the relationship will keep going. Just let it become situation one though, both of you will have to continue to work together to keep the relationship going as it's a always about growth, otherwise the relationship will eventually become dry and stagnant and both parties lose so much interest in each other or lost all interest completely of each other to genuinely try and put in any more effort to keep the relationship going anymore.

What Girls Said 3

• first pragraph yeah - true, feeling nothing means you are done
    second paragraph, not necessarily - someone can have feelings for you but not want you still
    also, even when you are done w someone and no longer care means you have done your grieving, but if it was big love that person can still be big thing in your life and let's say that person rejected you and you got over it but then really wanted you and work hard who knows, make feelings can emerge again, it's not set in stone, it's messy
    I always put my best effort when I want someone so they show me their colors and later I have no regrets

• I wouldn't say there's still a chance because a guy I was really interested in avoided me like the black plague. You have a good theory though. Now I'm starting to think if he was really interested in me in the first place. And now I'm sad lol

• Yeah... Feeling nothing is really bad. With hate there is at least some passion left.

What Guys Said 0