Why do guys on campus mostly talk to me when I have makeup on?

I started wearing it and guys started noticing me more. I'm glad guys my age are finally noticing me because usually guys would be slick and get my number with the excuse for studying IF we had class together. Otherwise guys wouldn't even try talking to me

And when I don't wear it guys out in public (off campus ) smile at me but it's mostly older men that do.

I'm not sure what to think. I mean do I really have to wear makeup to have guys my age interested? I have a baby face but older men never seemed to mind. I just wish that I didn't have to wear makeup to attract (more) guys that I'd be interested in. The majority of my classmates and friends wear it daily so is this just part of growing up?

Most Helpful Guy

• You get more guys interested in you that you might not want to be interested in you to begin with. Aka those who focus on superficial attributes.

Alternatively you just are more confident about yourself with wearing makeup and thus guys pay more attention to your positive and open vibe.

Most Helpful Girl

• Make up is supposed to enhance beauty so it's just magnifying what's already there!
    You're probably a diamond in the ruff but that's a good thing since you haven't lost your peak value

What Guys Said 12

• You sure it's not a coincidence? I have times when my hair will be a particular style and or I don't shave for a couple days and grow stubble and I'll get a lot of attention from girls and I'll associate it with it being my hairstyle or whatever, but I usually find it's just a coincidence. But obviously makeup is going to improve looks, however I doubt it's going to be the difference between a lot of guys approaching or not approaching you.

Stubble can be sexy if done right, I'm not always into clean shaven

• Well they obviously might find you more attractive with the make up. I bet it's mostly because wearing make up subconsciously tells them that you're interested in finding a guy in general. It's like a subconscious signal or advertising.

• because maybe you dont look good without make up

• Wearing makeup accents your positive points of your looks, when worn correctly.

That can explain things for you! :)

• 0|0
  • Because young guys are attracted to sluts.

Girls who wear make up come off as easy or promiscuous

• Make up can enhance ones beauty 👌🏼

• Most girls look good with make up if done correctly

• I think it is unconsiesly more like signal "hi, I want you to notice and speak to me" and no makeup I don't want to be noticed. Like someone someone with a suit says "I have style" or someone with much gold around the neck says "I am a rapper".

• That is an interesting question and would make a good mytake. From what I noticed you said you had a baby face now with a lot of guys on campus. They might think that your a highschool student. We have highschool programs on campus so they would not touch you cause of that.
    Is there any difference in how many guys talk with you? You might have matured this semester and have more confidence which gets guys attention. Depending on what make up and how you apply it. It is very possible that you have made yourself look your age and enhansed your natural looks. If your wearing obvous make up like red lipstick they other students might think that your looking to date. Instead of just looking like your just there to study. a lot of factors go into why your getting more attention.

• Because you're ugly without makeup

• Make up is a woman's way of letting guys know she is open for business. The same reason that kids only approach clowns who are wearing their make up

What Girls Said 12

• Because makeup tends to make a baby face look hotter rather than cuter. And college guys like hot girls over cute ones generally because they're most likely looking for a hook up rather than a relationship.

• Powder and Paint make you what you ain't.
    More exotic and Alluring, Maybe Much... More Sexy.
    Good luck and Good Going. xx

• You probably stand out more and therefore more guys notice you

• Its not your make-up thats getting them interested. Its the sign someone stuck on your back reading "Free blow jobs - come one come all"

• Because girls with makeup are seen as more "open" for attention. I mean, hello, who spends half an hour or more to get the perfect winged eyeliner just to hide themselves all day? Nobody, they want to be seen. So men will give you more attention.

• Depends on the person.
    I don't wear make up and people hit on me all the time.

• I'm assuming you wear makeup on days you're trying to look particularly nice. So your hair, clothes, walk and everything will be different than say, a day you decide to slum it and don't shower and rush to class half asleep.

• More people on campus means greater chance of interaction.
    Increased interaction with the opposite sex results in greater probability of getting hit on

• You probably seem more inviting with makeup on

• I lost a lot of weight and finally figured out how to use eyeliner and suddenly guys talk to me a lot more. it's so weird lol. they act more smiley, touchy, fidgety, more attentive, and more friendly in general. I don't really know what do to do about it because I'm shy. Lol

I'm shy too so I can't even act normal either, just get use to the new attention

• Probably you look like you tried more

• I don't know, in my experience girls that wear more makeup are typically seen as more outgoing, fun, and open to meeting guys. You may be naturally attractive without makeup which is why it appeals to older men, but maybe seem easier/more approachable with the makeup on?