Is it weird for a grad school student (male) to ask a freshman girl out?

So, it was the first day of college and as I was sitting alone on a bench, this pretty cute guy approached me and started a conversation. I'm almost 19 and he must be at least five years older than me because he said he's doing his PhD! We hit it off pretty well and I really enjoyed talking to him. He asked for my number and later texted me to ask me out to eat next week. I said sure but at the same time, I'm a little nervous about all this... I hope he's not just interested in me because he sees me as this shy, naïve young girl he can take advantage of. So I'm just wondering, is it weird that he asked me out or am I overanalyzing too much? (I tend to do that a lot.😅)

Most Helpful Guy

• He could be as young as 22 or 23. You can move into the doctorate program after earning your bachelor's.

Just go out with him. If you weren't interested you wouldn't have given him your number. Don't let him take advantage of you if you're worried that's what will happen.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not consider it weird at all. It's normal as hell.

What Guys Said 8

• It may be that he is a shy, introverted guy (not unusual for Ph. D. students) and feels more confident with younger girls. Don't overthink this. Meet up with him and you'll soon have an idea of what he is all about.

• I think when you are in college, any mix of age is okay. You are all adults.

• I don't think so, just go with this and see where things go! :)

• You're overanalyzing. Got out with him and have a good time.

• It's fine. Stop over thinking things here. Oh, and try not to be too naive on the date.

• If there is the connection, why not.

• Not weird at all... If you were a freshman in HS, then yes! Run away, but you're in college and you're both adults. It's fine.

• Try getting to know him before analyzing. There's a billion and 10 reasons why he could have picked you and you'll NEVER know why unless you go out with him.

What Girls Said 1

• 19 and 24? I don't see a problem with that. But it's up to you