Now there are universal red flags when you start dating, but I want to know about the more subtle/unusual red flags youve come accross.
as an example, about a few years ago I had been dating this one girl for about 2 months, we were both at a local festival and we kept running into people she knew. And at no point did she introduce me, now I noticed it at the time and although I was surprised I didn't take it on board, but on reflection I now see this as a majour red flag because it shows a lack of respect for the person your with.
I want to hear what storys you guys and gals have.
Most Helpful Guy
All red flags, are just examples of the larger violation of principles:
Here is the basic "principle" question you have to ask yourself when dating a girl:
"Does she respect me, as a person, as a man, and as someone she's dating?"
"Could she care less about me, and cares only or mostly about herself?"
This goes hand-in-hand with the basic theory in psychology; that there are only two emotions (love & fear)
Someone who is filled with fear, lacks to capacity to love. Someone who is filled with love, lacks the capacity to fear.
With that said, let the testing begin:
- Other women: How do they feel about her? How does she feel about them? A big red flag in my book, is a girl who uses words like "slut, slutty, hoe wh0re" to describe other women. That just communicates to me that this girl has issues with sex, and more importantly, is selfish & controlling! Think about it. She has a certain belief. Others don't conform or comply with it, and she gets angry, enough to try and punish them verbally. That spells bad news for down the relationship.
- Other guys: How do other guys feel about her? This comes in two forms. Is she on good terms with her exes? No? Same as an employee who doesn't have good references from their past employer. Find out why. Although the reason from her mouth to year ears will always be that her ex was a jerk, find her ex and hear his side of the story. It also comes in the form of guys she just dates. How often does she date? When she does, does the guy feel used? If that's the trend, chances are, you're next.
- Her friends: losers? bored? party-animals? most likely, she has the same pre-disposition, and is seeking drama as a form of excitement & fun.
- Her: What is she doing with her life? Medicine? Law? Business? Accounting? If she has no ambitions for herself, yet has plenty of desires like a family & marriage, guess who she expects to single-handedly finance her future? Girls who are doing nothing with themselves lack the capacity to see you as a person, and respect you. You'll always be some guy in the house who pays the bills, and she has to have sex with from time to time so he doesn't leave.
- Opposite-day: If a girl says, "I don't ask for a lot, I don't spend a lot, I'm not easy, I'm not cheap, I'm not that kinda girl".. RUN.. seriously.. she's trying to sell herself.. because she knows that's exactly how she is.. and is trying to convince you otherwise.. people who are worth dating.. don't feel the slightest bit motivated to try and convince you why they're worth it..
- How she treats you: Are you always paying? Are you always waiting on her? Is it always about her? Are you sexually satisfied? Does she even care? Does she respect you? Are you emotionally satisfied? Do her friends know who you are? Does she walk around with you in public & present you as her bf? Is she proud & happy to be your gf? If not.. look no further..2