Boyfriend has a female friend, Am I overreacting?

My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year and a half, and he is a year younger than me. Last year, I was at college and he was a senior in HS, and I saw him about every week. I made new friends and always told him about them and he was always supportive and never jealous. Now, I am living with two guys in my major (on gay and one straight with a girlfriend) and he is supportive of that too because he knows it's the cheapest option for me and these guys are my extremely platonic friends. Now he is a freshman in college and his first week he had an insane amount of trouble making friends. He texted me yesterday and was so excited that he made a friend, whose name is Alice, who has a boyfriend. I am a very jealous person and I have not been able to shake thinking about every movie scenario there is; them falling in love, him forgetting about me, etc. he texted me today that he and Alice were planning on going to a school run social to meet people and I cried about it. To him, I am being extremely supportive, telling him I am so glad he made a friend and all that, but it is actually tearing me apart thinking of him being excited to see this girl, texting her, meeting up with her, walking around, people thinking they are together. I don't know what to do and I don't want to seem crazy to him, I just want to shake this feeling. Advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• since you live with 2 dudes, you're being buku doublestandardy and ridiculous.

why can you live with 2 dudes and he can't even have a female friend?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's understandable, your afraid he might fall for this new girl but you can't over think it. Remember he's fine with you living with two guys, so it's only fair that you be okay with his new friend. Sometimes we over think things and get worried, but if you really love him and he really loves you.. then there's nothing to worry about.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Not really fair. He's cool with you living with two guys but he can't have a female friend? Get to know her.

• Yeah you're overthinking. They're just friends getting to know each other. When you just start college, you kinda need that.

• If he supported you LIVING with another guy then you can support him being FRIENDS with another girl. If you can't, then end things but be sure to tell him it's because you don't trust him 😒

• I'm honestly with you, girl. I wouldn't like that either. But then on the other hand, you shouldn't be living with 2 guys then. Maybe talk to him about it and tell him how you feel.

• You should meet her. I hope this doesn't come off rude haha but hopefully she's not good looking