Am I turning genuine men off because I'm a "college girl"?

I'll be a senior this year at a private college & I'll be living in the dorms once again. It's 40 miles from home. I have never wanted to be there; college is not for me. I never even felt like I was a college student because I've been ready to graduate since I started. I'm a loner, nor part of anything, and just focus on my schoolwork. I don't party or hang out with anyone. My Friday night is listening to music or reading.

Anyways, I've met a few guys this summer, all 25+, and it hasn't worked out for reasons. But one guy told me his friends were telling him not to take me seriously because I am a "college girl" and once I go back to the dorms, guys in school will be all over me, I'll have so many options, and I'll drop him so fast. He hasn't ever been to college so he has no idea what it's like. I have gotten this a lot too, like oh you're in college so is all you do is party or sleep around? I'm just wondering if some guys won't date college girls because of this wrong idea.

• Possibly
  • Nah

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes guys are just assuming you party a lot and hook up with guys. In your case it's not true. Do you defend yourself when guys make those type of claims against you?

I do, if it ever reaches to them telling me this. In general, I think guys don't bother and assume, and just walk away.

Oh wow that sucks. It's like they label you and judge you even though it is not true. That is good you defend yourself. It's wrong they judge you. Not all girls party.

Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

What Guys Said 3

• Even guys outside of college age like this don't let it get to you, the party lifestyle is stupid anyway

• I have been to dorms so I know what it is like.
    So yeah, I would definitely be turned off.

• Possibly

What Girls Said 0