My ex of 6 years dumped me a month ago and has gone to Amsterdam with another girl? I'm so upset please help?

Hi there I'll make it short. I was with my boyfriend for six years and he broke up with me (over text) a month ago. I went straight into no contact. I'm very hurt and upset because he lives near me and I heard he doesn't care at all. So it's like he's going on that our relationship never happened. He hasn't talked to me since. When we were together we never went on holidays together, he did off course he went away every summer with friends family etc. He told me I couldn't go and if I said anything he would fight with Me. He bearly even took me on dates. He did more things with his female friend. The end of relationship was bad, he started name calling and just having no respect for me. So today I found out he's in Amsterdam with his friend. I just couldn't help but cry, he never even took me to McDonald's even, but he goes off on holidays and it's showing me he doesn't care at all about me or the relationship. He still has me on Facebook and he still has out picture up and his relationship status with me up. He also has items in his belonging to me. I'm just so upset over the whole situation. And I no he's free and single he can do whatever but I'm starting to question the whole relationship now. The last thing he said to me was 'fu*k off go find something productive to do with your life. My life is a piece of cake without you bye" we are both 25. I guess I just needed do talk and get it off my chest. Amy advice? Thank yous

Most Helpful Guy

• Forget him. Sounds like he never appreciated you in the first place. Just remember, no matter what, you deserve someone who respects the wonderful person you are, at the bare minimum.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry that he did this to you. You absolutely have a right to be upset!

I know it's hard to see it now, but you are better off without him. By the sounds of it he didn't treat you right. He didn't take you on any dates and refused to go on trips with you. I don't know about you, but I want a boyfriend who spends time with me. Not one who pretends I don't exist.

He even called you names and had no respect for you. Not someone who is a good partner.

Do yourself a favour, delete him off facebook. You do not need to know what is going on in his life as this will only hurt you more. I find a lot of times people use facebook to hurt their ex's. I've had this done to me.
    My one ex got upset that I dumped him for cheating and then got into a relationship shortly after and always made posts about it. Like I'm supposed to care or something. I just deleted him and went on with my life.

He lives near me also, and always stares at me when he sees me. It's kinda weird. Like I'm just happy he is no longer my problem. My ex too didn't really take me on dates or anything. We went out a few times, but after a while he was always demanding I buy him things and drive him around. Plus he always complained about having no money (probably because he was dating half the country at that time).

I honestly think you are better off without him. Sure it hurts when relationships end. But you will find a guy who will treat you so much better!

Good luck!

Today he texted me and said hi. I texted back and asked for my belongings back. He said " I'f I see you I'll be hurt to see you again' so he said yeah come and I'll get them. So I got there he handed them to me and was really nice asking how I was, what was I doing etc. He talked for bit and I said I better go, he said I'll walk you home half way I'm. Going to my friends I said OK. He kept talking to me so I felt like he was trying to keep the conversation going. So I said thanks for the stuff he said come here gimmick a hug. We huged and he squeezed me. He said stay on touch. I said you too. And we walked different ways. Does this mean anythin? Am I reading to much into it? Does he feel bad for treating me horrible? Does he still love? I feel so odd now after seeing him. Any advice?

I think your best bet right now is to just focus on yourself. Give yourself time to think about things. Check in with how you are feeling. Keep busy and hang with your friends, do some things you have been missing out on because you were too busy with your relationship. Go to the gym, take a class, or get into a new hobby. This will help keep your mind off of things and also bring some excitement into your life.

Once you've had some time to process things, then maybe think about your next step. Lean on friends and family for support and help. Getting back your stuff is always awkward. Next time I suggest having a friend come with you to help ease the awkwardness. They can help support you if he starts hounding you, and also be there in case anything serious goes down.
      It's quite possible he still feels possessive towards you. But he can't have everything. Either he is with you or he is with her. He can't be with both of you. And you are allowed to move on if you choose.

Thanks!

What Guys Said 4

• listen to the white blonde
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

• He's a douchebag. Don't be sad that you wasted 6 years of your life being with him and that it's over now. Instead be annoyed that it took you 6 years to realize he's a douche and that you are better off now.

• harsh truth: it seemed like he didn't even like you. can't say for all people but when i like a girl i would wanna spend some time with them. I think you should forget about him! he's definitely not worth your time.

• Buy a new car. Makes mid life crisis men feel better

What Girls Said 4

• What a dick face this guy is. Thank god you guys broke up. Look, he isn't worth the tears or the pain. I dont even know you, and I know you deserve way better than this guy. He will end up miserable anyway, I just know it. Karma will get him eventually. I know six years is a long time... It will take time to get over him, but for the sake of your sanity, you need to stay strong. Good luck😊

Thank you 😘 I just wish I was happy again and over all this. The thought of him away with her is killing me. I no it does show how disrespectful he is. Your right it will just take some time. Should I ever ask him for my stuff back? Or do u think I should just disappear now from him? X

@rajaXx It's up to you if you really want your stuff back, but honestly, I wouldn't even bother if I were you.

so by believing in karma you believe all the innocent people who have died around the world actually deserved it. you feel like karma is the cause of a new born baby who dies? Its offensive to say karma exists. thats like saying ''everything happens for a reason'' to someone who lost someone close to them

• Dont worry about it. He probably just taken her to Amsterdam to pimp her out as a hooker in the red light district. He will come back to you as soon as he has made his money out of her.

• So are you 25 or 22?

Sorry typo

So is the six years you were together, he never took you anywhere?
      I quote "Not even McDonalds"
      Did you not go on any dates with him ever?
      If that the case, just what the hell did the two of you do then?

• Move on. How can you even consider talking with him? He's a jerk and obviously a violent boyfriend. You are better off without him