Am I being too sensitive?

My boyfriend and I have had our struggles and after a year I finally felt like we were getting on the same page, until last night. I was trying tobhave a conversation with him about my career and what I should do with my life, trying to get some advice from my boyfriend. Well, after awhile he puts his phone down and says to me " I dunno, why don't you go be a judge and ruin someone else's day, not mine." then went to bed. This hurt my feelings. I just wanted some support from him and he acted like he was annoyed because I wanted to have a conversation with him. I don't even know what to think about his behavior. I talked to him in the morning about it, actually cried a bit because it did hurt me but he didn't find it to be a big deal. Should I stop being sensitive or are my feelings justified?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are (at least) two possibilities. First, that he is a self-absorbed jerk who doesn't want to waste his time talking with you about your future. Second, that he was very hurt by the conversation you were having and wanted to end it, albeit rudely. Was your conversation with him emotionally neutral from his perspective, or were you touching on subjects that you two had disagreements about?

Well, that's why it through me off. He came home from a long day, spent awhile on his phone before I brought anything up. He had time to relax but he still acted like I shouldn't be bothering him with my decision in life. He told me he wasn't going to pick my career for me and all I wanted was some advice.

I've found that different people have different needs, and that my partner's needs aren't necessarily the same as mine. Perhaps you want a r/ship where you can talk about what's on your mind and get his thoughts and ideas without judgement or commitment. Perhaps he wants different things from the r/ship. Or maybe he was just having a bad day?

I didn't say it in my first answer, but I'm sorry for the pain you must be feeling. For someone you love and care about to blow off your needs like that must hurt.

Most Helpful Girl

• "Should I stop being sensitive"
    Look, you cannot help how you feel and there is no way to control that as far as I know. However, you can control your reactions. If your boyfriend doesn't seem eager enough to listen to you about your problems/future/issues, you can either stop talking to him about them, or you can find someone more caring and compassionate who's willing to listen to you.

What Guys Said 3

• It depends. Is this the first time you have talked with him about you want to do with your life, or is it something that has come up many times?

• Before I answer anything. I wanna know what kinda of struggles you and your boyfriend had?

Him lying about stupid things, me being insecure and losing trust because he lied about stupid things, the fact we go no where together, no pictures together, etc. Those things are better and the most major issues we had but now it's hurt feelings over something has stupid as a conversation, I just don't get it.

Ummm I think you Two should part ways.. I men it looks like you two are not compatible with each other..

• i would answer her like that if she really was annoying

Well, obviously I annoyed him just by talking to him.

u probably didn't choose the right timing
      maybe he has issues too

What Girls Said 0