How do guys show appreciation?

My boyfriend has been sick. I have been doing everything for him. Laundry, going to his house to take care of his pets, and took his trash to the road on trash day among a lot of other things. His lawn needs mowing so I told him I would go and now it today for him. His reply was "cool and could you grab my cash and pay the rent for me?" He has been in the hospital a few days now but has been sick almost a week. Not one thank you has been said or any form of graditude. I'm not sure if I'm being over emotional about it because I am drained from the extra work load, but I'm feeling very unappreciated. Is this a normal guy thing or should he be sending some love my way?

What Guys Said 1

• If he's in the hospital he's obviously feeling like shit. I wouldn't hold it against him. Ask him when he's feeling better, but he's obviously not doing well. I don't think to express gratitude when I'm sick, ahd he's obviously very sick.

I try telling myself that, but I tell him how tired and drained I am and he askes me to do more. I am on the verge of getting fed up, feeling kind of used. I'll let him get better and see if things change when he is better. Thank you!

So I'm really trying hard to help him cuz I know he can't because he is in pain. I don't know guess I'm just tiers and emotional

I figured. People don't usually go to the hospital for a cold.

Then again, it's not like he has severe food poisoning. He could still say thank you. I thought he had a really severe infection or something and was vomiting nonstop.

What Girls Said 1

• You are not being over emotional about it. If I were in your position, I would feel the same way. He sounds sort of ungrateful and he takes you for granted.