He doesn't want to be my boyfriend but he acts like one?

This guy and I are really close and for the last 3 months he's texted me every single day from the time he gets up until the time he goes to bed. If I don't message him all day, he'll be sure to send me one. He gets upset if I leave his message open, He gets jealous about any guy I talk to (even if I'm just friends with them), and if I'm upset the first thing he says is "is it a guy" and when I asked him what he would say if I said yes he responded with "I would offer some advice if you need it". Or the other day I was joking around talking about my "hoes"(don't have it was a joke) and he got super upset about it. He told me a few weeks ago that he didn't want to be with me because he thinks we wouldn't last because we "fight over petty stuff too much". If he doesn't want to be with me then why does he act like my boyfriend?

What Guys Said 1

• He is just confused.

What Girls Said 2

• I think he likes you but is afraid that the relationship could ruin your friendship

• Cause he wants sex