Have you and an ex ever broken up but kept hanging out? how did that go? did you get back together, stay friends, end up hating each other?

my ex and i broke up but we kept hanging out for a while. now not so much, we've had a lot of space for the past few weeks. but we recently texted again and we both expressed interest in hanging out again. is this a bad or good idea? will it lead to us getting back together or just complete destruction?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you still like him enough to enjoy hanging out, don't hesitate :D
    Except of course, if you have someone else, than it's tricky of course :o
    It's quite normal, if you've been together for some time, that you still feel a bond and enjoy being with him :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Real guys when they date, they think about marriage. He was happy dating you until he went to a wedding, realized this is not the relationship he wants to end in a marriage. He was open and honest with you. You need to accept that.
    Staying in contact with him at the moment where he gets phyical benefits will hurt your feelings and gives you false hope. because you still have feelings for him and wants to get back with him.
    Best thing to do for yourself is to move on. You have to have a clean break. No contact. Move on.

All our ex. experiences are diff.
    But most of them, no more contact.
    My last ex. wanted to be friends. I said okay... we were friends for a little... i was cool... slowly... i moved on, and he moved on. He still cares a lot about me and i still like him as a person.

Lesson... always look back and see the positive from your last relationship, bring the good to the next.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 3

• yes, we kept breaking up, getting back together, then teh same old problems rise up. after a while, too much damage. counselor strongly suggested breaking up and no contact which is what I did. took about 8 months to do that.

I've also broken up with prior girlfriend and stayed friends whole time... all dependshow deep two are and emotional state.

• Well, she wanted to stay friends with me, but after a while I found out how she really was, and we hate each other since then.

@Scooogy How was she? Like, you said, " After a while I found out how she really was". If you don't mind telling me because my ex girlfriend broke up with me 5 months ago and came up with the idea of being friends.

@saud1998 She only wanted to talk about herself and nothing else

Ohhhh

• When you say you both want to hang out.. Do you mean as friends or leading to something physical l?

it usually ends up going like a date. we go for dinner together, watch a movie, and yea it leads to something physical and he usually stays the night. I don't know about how this next time will go though because last time i was fully convinced i scared him away because i said i still wanted to date him.

:( i used to think it could but the more time we spend apart the less likely it feels. i just wish it made him as sad as it makes me. i just have a really hard time letting go of people. the thought of us being together doesn't feel as "right" as it used to either but i just wish it did. i think i want it to be more right than it actually is.

I really do get it. You're saying it doesn't feel as right or the same to you either. I really think you know it really wasn't meant to be, but be careful if you pursue this "get together"

What Girls Said 3

• No, I don't hang out or stay good friends with ex's. Once it's over, it's over, and staying around the person doesn't help either of you move on.

• One ex and I became fuck buddies at one point but we did remain friends. He's probably the only one I remain friends with and on good terms.

• Trust me it rarely works out.
    It recently happened to me.. you can't STAY FRIENDS.