Guys: how do you feel about a girl who likes you but is also intimidated by you?

Lets say that this girl is painfully shy and quiet but she has a huge crush on you. Every time you come near her, she takes a few steps back and avoid eye contact. She also shakes and it's hard for her to talk to you. Would you purposely try to move forward, or make her feel more comfortable around you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would feel flattered and make things easy for her.

What Guys Said 24

• How can i make her feel more comfortable around me when everytime I'm around her , she steps away and shakes?
    The issues isn't with ME as the crush - the issue is with HER as the person with the crush. She's the one who needs to change her behavior. You have this completely backwards.

• Oh man I know a girl just like this... she's Chinese, only hangs out with Asians, likely a virgin. She was the only girl I ever had feelings for to be honest.

I have asked her out three times. The first time she said she couldn't make it on the day and offered no counter-date. The second time she offered to buy me a coffee but in 1 month's time. When it came to me bringing it up she said she was sick. Eventually I thought she was not interested so I just told her goodbye and deleted her number.

The problem is though that I constantly hear from her friends that she's talking about me or that she said something about me. She also remembers the tiniest details about me, stuff that I forgot I told her, down the names of girls I have brought up in the past. She also seems to be "mildly stalking" me as she knew what days I had quizzes, etc. Recently she started complimenting me on how complicated my work is (I never really talked about it to her). She messages me every so often and has opened up about her crying over various things, etc etc.

I really like this girl and she's the only one that I see a future with, and I sort of get a feeling that she likes me too but is painfully scared/shy.

That being said, if she is indeed secretly interested, it's up to her to make a move now as there is a limit on how much effort I can put in. You don't get anywhere in life by sitting in the corner and waiting for someone to do all the work.

Ask her flat out what the deal is... or at least ask the friends.

• Well I would want some clear indication that she likes me. If no one told me, and she hasn't told me, then there is no way I can know if she's super shy or she's actually afraid of me for some reason. And considering I wouldn't want to scare her, if she IS afraid, I'd never approach.

• Her being a little bit intimidated by me is not a problem, but her being antisocial and not being able to properly talk to me is.

I'm sure plenty of guys will find that endearing tho, probably because it reminds them of some teenage love story, but personally I'd be much more interested in a girl who I didn't have to play games like that with, someone who I could just get to know without having to go through so much to just get her to open up.

• Lol if a girl moves away from me i assume she doesn't like me, like this one girl at work always stood by me but when i tried moving close to her to see if she liked me she took a few steps back lol but she always stares and smiles at me so i assume she doesn't like me but people at work told me she does, but once i feel shot down in anyway i will back off completely so of he does move near u hold your ground lol dont move away

Thats hard 😂 especially when you like the guy. Usually if a guy i like moves closer I have the biggest goofy grin on my face! Its horrible 😂

Yeah I try not to make it look like Im leading on the guy or anything, would never do that! Its just that if I have that big goofy grin its because Im extremely happy that his taking interest back.
      Usually its in any setting; hanging out, with a group of friends, small talk etc.

@Tephra lol oh then that makes more sense when its those situations i would be like damn thia girl likes me hhaha but lkke stuff at work or school thats where its always complicated like i remeber this one girl really liked me but i had no idea becase everytime in our college classes i tried talkin to her and she would look right at me but just give me one word answers so i was like yeah she dont like me lol but then later on she stepped up her flirting game with me hella hard lol and i was like yea she likes me ill move in hahaha

• If she's attractive then I would think it's really cute.

• Sounds cute af

• If I had a crush on her too then I'd try to convince her I wasn't a god or something. If not I'd probably find it hard not to tease her about it once in awhile for my own amusement. I can't help but picture some unattractive, fat, nerdy girl (the opposite of what I'm attracted to) that would act the way you describe though.

• I feel like it's in our best interest to read that behaviour as a signal for us to stay away.

• I would try to not be whatever she feels is intimidating... But if she's shaking that will make me wonder as to deeper seeded issues.

• I would assume she's scared of me and try to stay away from her so she isn't startled or scared.

• Not much would happen. I would feel like I'm making her uncomfortable if she acted like it, so I would back up.

• Exactly how do I know she likes me? And is she hot?

• If I knew that she had a huge crush on me, I would make her feel more comfortable around me.

• That's sort of unattractive honestly. It makes me think she's not into me.

• I would find it cute of she is cute Lol :-P

• Yes I would

• I'd try and make her feel comfortable. I'm slowly getting over being shy so I know what it's like.

• I don't have time for that.

• I'll try to make her feel more comfortable. We're all just imperfect humans.

• Kind of a turn on.

• I would look her in the eyes and kiss her

• If the bitch not intimidated, she ain't dating a real MAN.

• I'd assume she didn't like me. And move on.

What Girls Said 1

• They would probably assume that she doesn't like them.