I feel worthless after a one night stand.. is normal?

Some of my friends had them and they were normal before but I feel worthless and cheap.
The guy that I had sex with, was very nice and talked with me a lot before even tried to kiss me.
After that, he just went to sleep without saying too much and he did not ask for my number or anything else.

It really hurts me that he was so cold because I really liked him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a one night about a month ago, the guy was cute and genuinely cared if I was okay before we started as well. Given, he was drunk. However the next morning he was extremely rude. Normally I would never stay the night but he insisted and I was drunk anyways. The next morning I felt like shit. I think it's just because today's society looks down upon girls in this sense. But really, you're going to be damned if you do or damned if you don't. If you wanted the one night (emphasis one night hun) be happy! You got what you came for, and be thankful it was with a decent guy instead of an asshole.

What Guys Said 14

• To be honest you shouldn't really expect someone to ask your number after a one night stand. I mean that's why they are called that in the first place.

And even though its hypocritical, I'd say that many guys don't think that girls who do one night stands are dating material.

• Having sex early with a guy isn't going to make him automatically like you.
    One night stands aren't for everyone. Just learn from your experience.

• Hell I feel worthless when I DON't have a one night stand after awhile. The idea is to not get attached to them or know them too much (other than maybe they are in fact free of STD's like their ad said) before fucking them. But since you are a female you would probably generally find that difficult.

• What did you expect?

Use your brain instead of your libido and you should have figured this out yourself before it even came to it. Now you have to deal with the consequences of your action.

• Guys who do one night stands aren't really (GENERALLY) out for relationships, just be weary of that.

• Well you did cheap things for sure but if you regret it dong dver do it again... ONS are not for everyone...
    People who waana sleep around do it cause they are like that and they don't feel guilty about it..

• Can happen - don't take it too seriously, be easy on yourself - intimate feelings are a sensitive area - you'll cheer up quickly enough/laugh it off...

• You did nothing wrong.

It's funny how fucked up our society is.

A guy and a girl has a ONS, and everyone blames the girl, but the guy is just a guy.

Fucking kiss my teeth.

Just forget it shit happens.

• If you are a girl and you have a one night stand, you are a slut. Fact.

• Its normal. Men feel like that as well, altough not every man may care and/or have a one-night stand

• used to feel the same, just leave the one night stands game for a while and you'll be fine

• Yes. It is a damaging psychological experience. I advise against it.

• Yes its normal. Feminists would have women behave like men when the truth is that men and women are different not just physically but emotionally too. You feel worthless and cheap because you let yourself be used as a worthless and cheap cum bucket.
    Next time aim for a relationship and get to know a guy well before you have sex, believe me if he's serious about you he will hang around if you dont have sex right away if not he won't waste his or your time trying to bed. Chalk it up to a mistake that won't happen again as you have more respect for yourself.

• the walk of shame

What Girls Said 7

• I'm so sorry that you had this experience! Maybe one night stands are just not for you? Just because your friends are having them, doesn't mean that you should, nor does it mean you will enjoy them.

I think it can be hard when we hear our friends doing things, to not want to at least try them. But it's okay if you aren't into one night stands. Sounds to me like you value a connection and see sex as part of an emotional connection. I am the same way. It's completely normal.

Some people can't just have sex with someone and have it mean nothing. So maybe don't try for a one night stand. Or if you do, try to understand that it may not mean anything to the other person.

• Then tell him your feelings. Its the least you can do and it will help you releasing your mind. Main thing is you both liked it.

• Why do women get the crazy idea that after letting a guy use them on a one night stand that he is going to have any genuine feelings for them? I worry that my own sex can be so dumb when it comes to sex.

• seems like you regretted it

• Why would you jump into bed with him so fast?

• in fact he just wanted to jerk off

• Some people caught feelings really easily, others don't. You did, he didn't. You should have them