Texting people from dating sites while in a relationship?

My friend is still texting guys she met on dating sites while she has a boyfriend, it's nothing romantic or flirty, just usual general chit chat but I think she does it cause she lacks that conversation from her boyfriend who barely texts her. What do you all think about it? Would you still text people you met on dating sites and had feelings for while you have a partner?

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't think it's in good form. to me it shows that you don't seem entirely invested in your relationship and that there's a chance one of these dating site guys would sway her away from her partner

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I would not do that and I think that behavior is pretty shady. Of course, having friends of the opposite sex is fine but if it's people that person met on dating sites or had romantic interest in prior to their current relationship, then I think it's just a disrespectful thing to do.

If your friend feels there is something lacking in her relationship that she feels the need to talk to all these other men, then she should probably talk to her boyfriend about that and figure out what's missing.

What Guys Said 2

• Nah I wouldn't and if my partner was doing that I'd probably break up with her tbh.

• i wouldn't do it... it's would be better if she sorts this things with her boyfriend,

just chit chat is ok i feel

What Girls Said 3

• Personally I wouldn't , because I'd view it as disrespectful towards my SO. When you're in a relationship you should always be open and honest with each other , and take each others feelings into consideration.

I'm sure most people wouldn't feel confortable about their SO texting someone from a dating site they'd had an account on

I'm situations like this I'd always ask my SO how he felt about it. If my SO didn't feel comfortable about it then I'd respect that and stop texting the other guy. My SO would always come before any other guy

If it's kept hidden from her SO then she has ulterior motives

• I'm best friends with someone I met on a dating site, we never actually dated, though I asked him out on a date at one point and he just sorta said "you're going too fast" (like alright man why the hell are you on a dating site then if you don't like going on dates but anyways getting off topic)
    So I still chat with people I met on dating sites, even when I was eventually taken, but that's only if I become fairly good friends with them, I stop searching for more matches when I'm taken. I think it's fine unless you're flirting with them.

Also want to mention, it's shady if you're talking to them on the dating site platform, I think when it comes to just texting or Facebook or whatnot it should be fine. I delete the app/deactivate my account on the platform when I get into a relationship.

• I wouldn't be on a dating site in a relationship, period.
    Seems sketchy op