If you were interested in someone would you make the time no matter how busy you are to meet up with them?

I asked this guy if he was planning on meeting up with me, because we've been talking for a month and every time I ask to meet up he is hesitant (long story) and he said he was planning on meeting up with me but he doesn't know when. it could be a week a month etc. He said he was interested in me. He says he has been busy with work and especially after taking a break he has a lot of work to catch up on. I just think if you were interested in someone you would make time to meet up with them, or am I just overthinking this?

Most Helpful Guy

• If someone's interested, they find time.
    Point blank.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have recently been in this situation and I think people don't understand where truly busy people are coming from. I was talking to a guy who worked full time saving money at a fast food place because he needed it to travel and play shows come fall; in his spare time his band needed him because they were making a new album for when they tour. He didn't want to meet me and not give me the time I deserved. I accepted it and I know he is interested in me, but I have to understand that right now I am not his priority because he doesn't even know me, so it makes sense that he puts himself and career first. So, I disagree. When the timing is right, it's right. Just have faith things will work out.

You got a good point! I think me and him just need space right now, he said that his focus right now is his career which is understandable, could I message you?

Yes you may! That's where my guy is at too. I'm curious how many others experience something similar

What Guys Said 8

• When I had a girlfriend there were a number of times I changed my schedule just so I could go be with her, and I think this guy would do the same if he was really interested. Sometimes people are really busy but if he can't find time for you in an entire month you clearly aren't a priority. That's not to say he isn't interested, but maybe its not a great time for him and he feels like he couldn't give you the relationship you deserve.

He told me right now his career is his priority

Ok thank you ! :)

No prob! I hope it works out for you.

• I rode my bike 10km last week to her house just to surprise her after not seeing her for a month (due to a family trip to America). So yes, most people would try to see the one they love.
    My friend was in this position once where he was with a girl who flirted with boys, reguardless of her current relationship. (Not saying the person you're seeing is doing this, just to be clear). But in the relationship, not once did they ever meet in person outside of studies. It made me worried for my friend because he knew what was up but I didn't say anything. He broke up with her after 4 months. He not once saw her outside of studies and when ever he tried to ask her why she couldn't see him it was because she didn't want to tell her family (btw she never told her family about them).

This kind of sounds familiar and at the beginning I thought he was doing the same and I told him how I felt and he said that if he wanted to he would of done it by now. That as well if he didn't plan on meeting etc he wouldn't of talked to me, but I was trying to get to a point where if he really wanted to meet he would make time and called me needy\ self- centred which I tried to explain my side of it but he didn't get it.

Try messaging again I think I fixed that just then. Hmmm it could be, but even so he would want to talk to you or meet at least. Sure maybe he might not feel good about it but I'm sure he could make time. The worst thing you could do right now is freak out about this, just remain calm let time pass by just a little rather than worry about everything, if he is serious he will message you back and want to see you

It worked I'm going to message you

• Of course you would. He's just not that interested. Or scared to death. Guess it could be either. LOL

Excuses excuses. Time to move on. NEXT!!

• me personally, its not hard to make time. I mean I work 7 days a week, 65+ hours and that still leaves me plenty of free time to go to the gym and do stuff at night.

• Yes I would. How often is up for discussion though

• if it wasn't an emergency.

• Absolutely yes

• People who say that are people who have never truly been busy.

It's not an excuse. It's the truth.

What Girls Said 10

• Hell yeah! I don't care if I dated E. T I'll build a space ship and travel through a black hole to spend time with him. Anyone would honestly... it's just a matter of priorities and what he or she deems worthy. Know excuse or heck storm or continent even can stop someone truly interested in you from doing whatever to be with you or at least make an affordable to try.

• Over the summer I worked three jobs, was involved in sports and did odd jobs/tasks. Still made time for people. I don't know if that just who I am, but if something was important I always made time for it. Even if it happened to be at an odd time or in the middle of the week.

• He's stringing you along to keep you single, as a backup plan in case his preferred options don't pan out.

• nope! 2 lazy...

• I wouldn't waste any more time before starting to look for a nice boy who will date you. Either he is not interested, or he is interested but he can't be bothered, and neither of those attitudes is going to be of much use to you, is it? If he really desires you, and you really desire him, you will be together sooner or later.

• Yes, of course. I'm a firm believer of if you want something bad enough, you'll make it work regardless of the situation.

• I don't know. My long distance man is always working and we barely text.. But it's only cause of work so don't over think it

• yes except for if it conflicts with work or classes or homework

• That is old

• I'm a girl, but whenever anyone has avoided me, ever, it's because they aren't really interested.
    This usually applies to family and friends falling through or being avoidant, but random guys are so much more obvious as they just don't even take the effort!!