How to get out of a *special* friendzone?

I'm 16 (and a half) and I'm into a 26 year old PhD student. I met him at a work-experience and we are still in touch, I am pretty sure I am *friendzoned* even though I look much older for my age. We get along very well and have a lot in common, but I always get the feeling that he sees me as an ideal daughter for whom he would like to plan out a professional future. He wants to meet up sometime, and I would really like to make my interest clear and get out of this situation. How could I do this? Would it ever work?

-this question is from a friend.

Most Helpful Girl

• Age does not matter! If he likes your friend and she likes him.. Then hell yeah! o. o I am not sure about the laws and I am 2 lazy to look at them... So um on a sexual note just dont do shit XD... I mean if your friend and the older man.. are concerned bout that part on going to jail and etc.. simple solution is to just dont fuck? simple as that o. o If he really like her.. He will wait for the sexual...

What Guys Said 15

• Well you don't as you said he sees you as daughter. You can't change that. He wants to help you with your life and professional future. He has no interest in you sexually and he should not have any your only 16. It is normal at your age to have a crush on someone trying to help you.

• Lol what😂

• Hell no. Tell your friend to focus on school, not on age inappropriate men.

• no hope for u

• tell your 'friend' to flash her knickers

• Oh fucking christ.
    smh

• Let him know your toally interested after 18 and would like to remain good friends untill then , and always stay in close touch

• WHO GIVES A FUCK

• How many people do you think there is that will want to be with you?

• you might likely cause him much trouble because sleeping with is often between illegal or cost the job.
    If you want, you can try to grap his hand, press your body against him and ask him what he thinks about the two of you.

• While it's possible she's been protogezoned, its possible if there were any sparks that she's been underagezoned.

It may be legal, but that doesn't mean the average 26 year old will have sex with a 16 year old.

• He may be afraid of statutory rape issues or something like that because of your age. If you see him again and you are getting ready to go out, pretend that you are having trouble with your shoe while holding his arm for balance, and touch his arm with your breast. Touch him again sometime later. You will likely get his attention...

• Date someone your own age

I do not get along with boys my age and we do not share the same interests.

In our country age of consent is 16.

Only if the person is four years older or less. I don't know what your rules are or what country you live in but you should go research them.

• There is no way, at least any time soon. Keep in touch, things change. Who knows, in four more years you might get there. But don't get your hopes up.

• What the hell is wrong with society...

What Girls Said 6

• Don't listen to all the losers here telling you he's too old. As long as 16 is the age of consent where you live, do your thing. I can't stand immature boys, either, so I know exactly how you feel.

That said, if he's not attracted to you, he's not attracted to you. There isn't much you can do to change that. Try flirting a bit and see where it goes. But ultimately, he will either be into you or not.

Lol it's not 16 and then have sex with any adult. It's 16 with a max of 2-4 years

@dontknow12
      We (my friend and myself) are very aware that we are still kids, we have no idea of the big world out there but unfortunately this happens to be the current situation. The reason I even posted this question was to ask people that DO have more experience and understanding (perhaps have even found themselves in such a situation when they were younger themselves) about how to deal with such a situation.

@Rapidash don't apologize for liking who you like. The two people who commented on my answer seem like really bitter people, otherwise why would they be so angry over who someone else dates?

The bottom line is, if it's all legal, I see nothing wrong with it. These people who say we should date guys our age are pretty silly, because their main argument is that older guys are out to hurt us in some way. That's nonsense. Younger guys are the biggest players around. I've been screwed over the most by young guys. I date older guys exclusively because a higher percentage of them have matured to where they're able to carry on a meaningful relationship.

• You need to stay safely in that friendzone for a few more years yet~ no sane guy is going to risk that, and if you truly care about the guy, you won't want to put him in that position.

• Your "friend" isn't in the Friendzone. She's in in the jailzone.

In our country age of consent is 16.

Yeah I'm sure the dean will look super favorably upon a guy who molests teen girls. That will DEFINITELY get him tenure XD

• You're out of luck. He's too old for you. If he was interested at all, that would be creepy and very, very wrong.

• You can't.

No respectable 26 year old will date a 16 year old.

• Lol nope