Why won't he text me first?

So I've started seeing this guy I met on Match. com. He was super interested in me, we got to know each other over messages and we sent about 4/5 messages a day. After a week of that we met up for our first date, it went really well - he text me after saying how despite the distance (only an hour) we can make it work now we know we like each other. Then I got home fell asleep and woke up the next day to a message asking to see me again that day!

So we had our second date that day and it was lovely! I went home feeling so happy and like I was falling for him slightly already.

ever since then (three days ago) things have been a bit odd! He has asked to see me the coming weekend, which of course I agreed to but on Tuesday and Wednesday I noticed I was doing the texting first. So today (Thursday) I thought I'll wait for him to text me today, just because I'm concerned about coming across too keen - I like him a lot and don't want to scare him off! Though since our date we've sent about 3/4 texts a day, so nothing crazy.
and I didn't hear from him all of Thursday.

im meant to be seeing him Sunday but now I'm wondering if he's lost interest or something.
Whats going on?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wait so how you wrote this it sounds like he's texted first every time except the last two times. Honestly you just sound lazy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say don't come to any conclusion until that 2nd date. I met a guy online and I thought the exact same thing. We live far away from each other, so our dates so far have been Skype dates. His texting is weird, but when we chat on Skype, we do so for hours and he doesn't rush me off, I feel like we really connect. Yeah I'll admit this week I have been stressing because lack of texting, but he seems to not even notice. The only thing we can do is wait and be patient. If he bails on the next date, then that'll be a sure sign that he sin't interested. I know from experience texting like crazy in the beginning is not indicator of the person.

What Guys Said 2

• He died of an infection caused by him shoving a rusty screwdriver up his rectum to poke his prostate.

• Have sex with him. I'm sure you can ensnare him with your magic muffin!

What Girls Said 3

• Back off a bit. It's likely he's just busy.

End of the month and beginning of the month are busy for majority of companies

. Especially since most are closed Monday, there's probably a volume increase at the moment. People want it done before the weekend.

• If a guy never initiates contact with me , I just assume I'm not on his mind. I also assume he feels indifferent towards me, and is only responding out of politeness

• Just text him and see if he is still coming, remember guys are told not to act too desprate because they will scare us away