I don't know what to do?

I'm 19 but I act like I'm in my 20's. I have the biggest crush on a 37 year old I met at work (he looks like he's in his 20's would of never expected him to be 37). We get along so great! He says he finds me super attractive, but the age gap bothers him. To me the age doesn't matter at all I don't care about it, as long as that person makes me laugh and smile I'm happy. But he thinks differently. What can I do?

3mo I'm 19 but I act like I'm in my 20's. I have the biggest crush on a 37 year old I met at work (he looks like he's in his 20's would of never expected him to be 37). We get along so great! He says he finds me super attractive, but the age gap bothers him. To me the age doesn't matter at all I don't care about it, as long as that person makes me laugh and smile I'm happy. But he thinks differently. Should I just let go?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should totally be with him if he makes you happy. He is probably just worried of what other people will think about him. (Negative thoughts probably) But you should be together if you are both happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to respect his decision like the 20-something you want people to think you are.

What Guys Said 2

• U can only keep trying

• Yes, I must say the age gap is a wide in this case. He is not wrong to be worried about this

What Girls Said 1

• I would avoid it. I say this because I am actually 19 too and have had a 36 year old have interest me, a marriage proposal from a 26 year old, and a 28 year old "court" me. But I always felt uncomfortable. I think it is because we are from different generations, and they are more experienced, have have experienced different live events at different times.

BUT with my experience with the 36 year old I started discovering some weirdnesses about him that were just not right. And my friend who has experience with dating older men has said to me also that we need to be wary of a guy who is in his late thirties and still single, and going for girls that are much younger.

But as your guy is not really wanting to, I think you need to respect him. He may not like the fact that you are so young and immature compared to him. Now, you can be mature to the point that you act like a 20 year old, but a 30 year old and a 20 year old think much differently about life and what they want. A 20 year old wants to explore the world while most 30 year olds are ready to get serious about life and settle down. I can tell you this because a bulk of my friends are in their thirties and sometimes its hard to relate to them because we are going through different things in life.