I keep having nightmares about my boyfriend's mom?

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 2 years. His mom passed away a couples months back. It was a pretty intense and sad experience. Even though I have no place to feel sad since she was never my mom and that I'm not family, it was a pretty traumatic experience. During that time, I had lost my job as well, and then a love one of mines was going through substance abuse. Then I had also lost another job two months later and then got evicted, it was a pretty bad time and I don't like taking myself back to those moments.

So what it has been was that I keep having nightmares about my boyfriend's mom; either her funeral or seeing my boyfriend cry about his mom. It was like every week. Now, it's almost every other day. My boyfriend isn't the type to talk about his feelings and he's not every good at having to express from his heart. He doesn't like it, and he doesn't know how to deal with emotions. I don't know if I should bring it up to him, or if I should even bring it up to him. It just bothers me, and I don't know who else to talk to about it. Plus, I don't want to ruin his process of mourning by me bringing shit up. Help please?

What Guys Said 1

• See a therapist to help you with the grieving and the nightmares.

They are expensive.

Ok. Then pray and hope they go away. You can talk to a family member or a friend to see if it helps, But therapist are professionals and can say and teach better how to move on.

I understand that, but if I don't have the money then I don't have it. There's not much I can do if I'm also in school plus currently paying for it.

What Girls Said 1

• I do not think you should mention it to him. You are probably having nightmares about it because you worry about the fact that he's still grieving. You do not need to talk to a therapist about it, I am sure that you will eventually stop having them.
    Also, you can try doing a couple of things before falling asleep in order to avoid nightmares.
    Read this: www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...sleep_b_7589962.html

It might help. Good luck.

Thank you, sweetie.