In a Long Distance Relationship - my parents won't let my boyfriend and I kiss! :(?

I've been dating my boyfriend for almost 2 mons, but we've been close friends for over a year. I had my first kiss with him, and freakin loved it. But after he finally got a chance to officially ask my dad to date me, my dad told him: no kissing, no cuddling, pretty much we can't do anything. I want to respect my parents and I'm not super eager to do stuff behind their backs. But I really want to be able to kiss my boyfriend, especially the few times I get to see him. Is it a good idea to wait a few months to make sure this is what we want, and if so; then kiss. Even if my parents don't agree and we have to do it behind their backs?

• Just don't kiss. Period. Your parents rules.
  • Wait a few mons to be sure. Even if they don't agree.

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean you're in a romantic relationship. Wtf.
    Ask your father/parents when you're allowed to kiss. Perhaps that would bring some insight.

I personally would disregard what my parents think/want because I can make my own decisions.
    Just be careful ya know.

Most Helpful Girl

• If your not able to control yourself when kissing, it can lead to sex. Which i am sure that is not what your parents wants. it doesn't matter at this point your still underneath your parents rules, and underage at 16. If you don't obey, and they sensed that you did something, they will force you two to break up, get grounded, or God forbid kick you out IF your rebellious. So yes, it is a good idea to wait a few months if it lasts that long as see where it goes. Overall I personally believe your parents just doesn't want you having sex, because they can't trust you if you will make the right choice. If you say you respect your parents, no means no. If you do the opposite, do you think your respecting and honoring your parents? Honoring and obedience also means love.

What Guys Said 8

• You are still young!.. And your parents don't want you to get hurt!.. Because you are not strong enough to bear the loss!..

• i'd say listen to your parents

by the way thats a really damn cute cat in your profile pic. im in love with her <3

Hahah thanks ☺️ I love her too 😻

• Well you are 16 so your should listen to your parents...

• Lol do you always go to the loo after taking your parents' permission? even if you do kiss him no one will know...

• Tell your dad might as well make him your brother.

• Sometimes parents aren't always right. That's all I need to say :).

• if you have to go behind your parents back, he's probably wrong for you

What Girls Said 6

• Kissing is okay.

I think they're more worried about what it'll LEAD to.

- Just be careful not to do it anywhere near them. Sorry to say, the only other option is trying to talk with them about it. Are they trying to tell you *they* didn't kiss at 16? haha.

Be ware.. they might freak (idk them personally) and tell you not to see him again. Risk that MIGHT be worth taking.

• Honestly, that's stupid. It's kissing. If you're boyfriend and girlfriend then what's the point of being together if you can't kiss or cuddle?

• As long as you are just hugging and kissing and not doing other stuff, it should be okay. You should follow your parents rules in other areas though. Super cute kitty by the way! :-)

• It's not like your parents are going to know...

• I don't think it's the kissing the are actually worried about. Teenage hormones are all over the place and kisses can become heated. At your age, you could lose control and it could lead to sex, something your parents obviously don't want you to do at your age. Respect your parents wishes but talk to your mom. Explain that he is your boyfriend and that you should be trusted a little.

• Just kiss come on... Dad's are like that but he won't ever be okay with you growing up. If he's your boyfriend you should be able to kiss him