Why is it more looked down upon when a girl cheats in a relationship than when a man does?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Women cheat when they have options already lined up. I think I read about 80% of women who were studied that didn't feel the same for their partner anymore said they weren't going to cheat solely because they didn't have a man already lined up
    2. Generally men cheat when they just want to have sex, but for women, it's generally the emotional attachment they're after. Cheating emotionally and physically hurts worse than cheating physically

These are generalizations from the results of studies, so of course they're not accurate 100% of the cases

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's equally looked down upon tbh, I'm bisexual and I would kick either one's ass hard before dumping them if I found out they had cheated on me. I would also make sure all our mutual aquaintances would know they cheated on me so they would resent and avoid them as well lol no mercy.

What Guys Said 11

• A lot of people, women as well as men, still look on women as a guy's property, and when she cheats, it's like burglary, a crime!

But guys aren;t considered property so when they cheat, while it may be critized, it's never a CRIME!

• .. you're kidding right? In this day and age it's more or less drilled into us guys that if we don't beyond please a girl in every way possible, we will get cheated on and it will be all our fault.

Girls, on the other hand, are taught that cheating on your boyfriend/husband because you couldn't help being swept off your feet is romantic. You see that being encouraged all the damn time in all kinds of mediums and you'd be surprised at how many girls buy into it.

So don't even start with that load of bullshit.

I had it drilled into me the other way!
      If you don't give BJs on at least a weekly basis, they aren't perfect, you don't provide sex often enough, don't cook well enough and often enough... he'll cheat and he's justified too because you weren't satisfying him.

Been told to me my entire life by media, guys, other girls who got cheated on etc.

@bbch25 I wasn't saying that you were saying guys don't get it also. But having examples of mediums where the guy cheated and it wasn't demonized would be tremendously valuable.

True but even then, it's still how we take it. What I saw in the movie I watched or article I read, doesn't mean it's what you'd see. So while if i remembered exact names, it still may not be useful.

But, when I got into my current relationship, I'd never gven a BJ. And I didn't want to, I had one guy try and force it once and since then I just never wanted to do one. I talked with him about it, convinced he'd (justifiably) want to leave me if he may never get this thing I know he loves. And I felt that way because movies and guys had told me, that if you don't do that, you aren't good enough... So it sucks for both sides, the pressure we feel!

Moved on from that feeling thankfully

• What makes think that lol? It's the exact opposite

• They are equally terrible.

• It's just my opinion, but I think it's a pretty crappy thing to do regardless of ones gender and I think society is starting to lean that way too.

• its because women cheating is far worse. women can get pregnant and catch diseases a lot easier.

• didn't know there was a difference as such.. both are shit

• Men fuck other people. Women find a new person to be in love with.

• Because women cheat more than men

• Actually it's the other way around.

When he cheats he's just has no discipline and is a pig and it's all his fault.
    When she cheats it's because he didn't give her the love and attention she needs and it's all his fault.

• Where did you hear that? in my country... cheating is equally bad

What Girls Said 7

• Because we're women and they're not.

• Um, I don't think that's true.. maybe because girls are normally more serious in relationships, and, well, guys just "wanna have fun" while they can and everybody knows that? please don't hate..

• I didn't know that? I think they are equally disgusting.

• Cheating is cheating is cheating. No matter who does it, the shit is wrong. The end.

• What fstrong said 👍

• I don't know what you're talking about. Both are looked down upon

• 0|0