I'm 17, he's 30, but does he like me?

We talk everyday and have done for a couple months. I have sent him heart emojis and he's never sent back lol. He's really complimented me, saying I'm different, I'm smart, I'm hot etc. but this could be as a friend way. One thing I said in a convo was 'when I start waxing my future boyfriend will thank me when I'm smoother than anything' and he said 'I'll thank you then๐Ÿ˜‹' but usually he uses ๐Ÿ˜‹ sarcastically. He's never talked sexual with me, we've talked about cuddling a few times before and he said he has imagined cuddling me to get to sleep at night. We have a thing where we say how we are going to one day live on an tropical island called (our names put together). He was saying how 'we'll go on adventures and family and friends can come but they have to book in advance, because if they turned up that could get awkward because fuck knows what we'd be doing on the beach lol'. He knows I'm a virgin and waiting till marriage, and he said that although a lot of guys might not be up for that, if they know how amazing I am they'll wait and it's a good way to avoid players. Does he like me?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Your age gap is huge and you two are in total different life stages with different goals and aspirations (and probably interests). This sounds like a case of lust to me and even if you hope to save it till marriage, a lot of guys know that they can try to sway you by being sweet. Especially if he's older and actually has experience. I also just find it strange if he does like you. To me that that makes no logical sense considering what I said about life stages.

Yeah I get your point. We relate a lot for some reason though lol, we've been through a lot of the same stuff. Thanks:)

What Guys Said 11

• He apparently knows better, but f course he likes you in a kidding way..
    These people who tell you not to worry, it's all fine, are idiots.

I'd out an end to these flirtations before both of you are in trouble.

• Well, he is right about one thing. Saying you are waiting till marriage is one of the best ways to weed out the players.

He might be nervous about your age difference. I made my younger girlfriend (now my wife) wait 7 months, until after I had met her parents before I was willing to date her. She was ready to go home with me after a few dates. Now she admits that the respect I showed made her feel valued.

~JSmith

• Be very care full and don't let anyone dicourage you about age differences. Just remember your still not 18 yet and that alone plays a difference in all factors. Might be part of his hesitation towards the both you at the moment. Follow only what your and his heart agree on , not others judgements. Never mind them

• I dont think so

I think he likes that you're young. What can he possibly like about you other than your youth at his age unless he's a kid and hasn't grown up

That assumes that if you're young you have no personality. I'm really mature for my age

Every young girl say she's mature for her age. But at the end of the day its a different type of maturity. You can't expect to be 30 at 17

• just wait till your 18.

• Ehhh, he's probably scared of the age gap because it is big and I'm sure some people would find the relationship strange. Just be cautious is all.

• Being you are so young, he may be not be interested in you but is trying to be a good sport. No guy will wait for someone to have sex.

• Yes. Whether he will still feel that way in the future and whether you will as well... That's more uncertain.

Like with any two people, thanks

More you than him tbh. Your tastes and what you are looking for is likely to change a lot over the next 5 years.

• There's a 17 year old at my work who keeps trying to flirt with me but I'd never get with her because she's too young. And I'm 22. That dudes creepy if he thinks it's okay.

He's never flirted with me. Thanks tho

There is no innocent way for a 30 year old man to say this. There's no way to say it without flirtatious intentions. Maybe between your female friends who are also 17 but not a full grown man. We don't just say things like that. If we do IT IS an attempt to flirt. That's what flirting is.

Alright, thanks

• Yes, he want to murder that innocent Pussy

Opinion owner. Why do you talk like that to a minor for?

@Djaaaaaay didn't notice my age yet it's in the title haha

@Djaaaaaay that moment when you break the traffic light and thought the police didn't see you, lol

• He is a perv.

I'm literally two months away from 18

@Djaaaaaay --A 55 year old douchebag sending smiley faces. Wow.

Your age determines whether or not it's socially acceptable to use emojis?😂

What Girls Said 7

• Oh yeah, he likes you alright, and don't believe anything he says about sex. He's 30. The difference between you and him—I don't care how mature you consider youself—is insurmountable. I don't bat an eye at some age differences because I think it varies. 20 and 25, pfftt no big. 25 and 35, if it floats your boat whatever. But you're a child. I'm only 19, and I can hardly believe how much changed since high school. He's an older man who can't get anyone his age, so he's reaching down to you. It's happened to me many times at work this summer. Older guys do it all the time, and I don't know why it's so commonplace, but that doesn't change that your age difference is too great. If you still like him at 21, I guess you could try it, but right now he'd just use you. Please be careful.

I was understanding your point until you assumed he can't get anyone else his own age. My close friend (a girl who's 21) hangs out with him, and girls literally throw themselves at him. Thank you anyway

Then that's weirder on his part. He could prefer young girls, which in of its own is worse...

I doubt that again.

• It sounds like he does, but be wary.

Especially if you're waiting for marriage. Not just him, but men in general.

Some will do and say anything to take a woman's virginity. SOME, and they're patient and "slick" about it.

• Sounds like he does but it's not for your personality. You guys are in two different stages. He needs someone his own age. It's creepy and disturbing for a 30 year old guy to be with a soon to be 18 year old.

• I think that he likes you but at the same time, the idea that he's 30 and you're 17 is probably in his mind 24/7 you know...

• I think he likes you, but you should wait until you are 18 to date him. He can get in a really big trouble if you guys don't wait.

• You should be careful, he might just be using you, might just want to have sex with you. Especially cause you're still young and still a virgin. Usually 30 yr olds view 17 years old as kids only.

• I don't know but I yhink your age difference is too big. You should run.

Yeah it's big, but I haven't got the patience for fuckboys my age, you get me?

Sure, but he is 30. I don't believe anyone his age would have good intentions towards a 17-year-old. If he was even a bit younger it would be different. If he knows you are seventeen and he still talks to you I think it is a bad sign. He doesn't care that you are a minor.