Do you guys believe in love at first sight?

• Yes
  • No
3mo Alright people, no need to attack me. It's just a question of curiosity. I had one of those moments, and it wasn't totally corny. I saw him and he saw me, we talked and laughed together, I fell in love with him because his personality just so blissfully infectious and he made me genuinely smile, after that and then my heart was squished when I found out he had a girlfriend. He was my heartthrob in school and I still regret that I never made the first move. He viewed me as a friend but I didn't.

Most Helpful Guy

• It happens. I know a couple who met and got married two weeks later. They are still married after 30-40 years. The clincher is that neither one spoke the others language when they met and got married. No it wasn't an arranged marriage, mail order bride, or anything like that. They were just two strangers who met.

Words like love and infatuation are hard to define, if not impossible. But however they are defined, it does and can happen. You could argue all you want about whether something is love or infatuation. It's just semantics. But if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and feels like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe "love at first sight" is just infatuation.
    Because love is something that takes time to developed.
    You can love someones looks but if you see them and think you love them theeen chances are you like there looks or maybe there seems like a connection by looking at them but that's not love.
    Let's say you see someone, you two gaze in each others eyes then BAM you tell your friends that it was love at first sight. Then you two see each other again, this time you two talk and you find out that he is completely different then what you thought he would be like. Now you don't even want to be near him. But it was love at first sight! How could he NOT be a prince Charming?
    That is just an example of why I do not believe in "love at first sight".
    I used to believe in it and thought that I had love at first sight. I still like the guy and I'm getting to know him but I don't love him yet and I don't think he likes me. But he seems like he would be better as a friend.
    Hope this helped :)

What Guys Said 16

• This is not "love". This is "lust", an attraction. You want to explore about him, test him, find him what he really is, why he?

When you find the answers and get 'permanently attached' then it's love. It's either lifelong or it wasn't love at all. The whole process takes time.

Can you die for a person you just see?

Happened to me once. Was doing parking lot duty with my fellow ROTC cadets, bumped into a fellow squad leader whom I've never seen, was totally smitten by him and got to know him afterwards personally and was basically friend zoned in the end due to me being too afraid to confess my feelings to him. Besides, it was too late for me make a move when I found out he had a girlfriend. Sounds sappy and corny, but I got to know him very well and his personality just made me fall even harder for him.

Sometimes, you get attracted way too much that you don't even know what are you doing. This is really not love. This is attraction. Lemme tell you that attraction isn't so inferior to love :)

[Update] How did you find out his personality 'in the first sight'?

• I believe that we can be infatuated with a women at first glance. That leads us to want to get to know them. After which if we don't see any red flags we go after her. Which might lead to a relationship or marriage. Do I believe that it is LOVE no love is where you would do something out of caring for a person that you know well especially if it inconveniences you. In order for that to happen you need to know them and have some kind of relationship with them.
    I was really attracted to one of my freinds when we met however I would call what I felt as more like puppy love. It drove me to get to know her but nothing more than that. She was just not my type and our personalities are way more suited to be freinds than we are to be a couple.

• It's just all delusions and illusions caused by hormones and chemicals within our bodies and brains. Specifically oxytocin and dopamine.

Infatuation or Lust at first sight would be more accurate.

• More like lust at first sight.

• nope. how should that work unless you are extremely shallow and don't give a fuck about someone's personality and everything else besides looks?

sure, you can feel a strong attraction and it turns out that this person is the perfect partner and you end up marrying... but then it was still not love at first sight. You felt an initial interest and it developed over time into love.

• Nope.

But I know that feeling you're talking about, and it can be pretty powerful too. It's not something that should be taken lightly, nor should it be given too much power.

• i believe it exists but i also believe it is always declared in hindsight, which makes it kind of a useless concept.

• I don't, but I do believe in something I like to call a "Pre-Imprinting." I have this sort of sense where I sometimes look at a girl for the first time and I can sort of tell if something may come out of it. It happened with a few of my girlfriends in the past where the first time I laid eyes on them, I just knew that they'd end up being special to me.

• What I believe is irrelevant. You can experience attraction on sight but not love. Love requires intimate knowledge of a person's psyche and soul.

• No, love sucks anyway.

• Not even a little bit

• I'm a romantic so yes I believe in it but who knows if it'll happen.

• no :/

• Most women I dated caught my attention the second I laid eyes on them.

• no.. its more like lust at first sight or infatuation at first sight

• I believe in suck my dick at first sight

What Girls Said 18

• Lust and attraction at first sight, yes, but love is something that develops after truly knowing a person, their ups and downs, their flaws, etc. You can't love a person if you don't know them, you can love the idea of them, but not them as a person.

I asked this question because I had a moment like this two years ago. He was in my ROTC class and was very handsome. My battalion and I were doing parking lot duty for a home football game and I happened to brush against him accidentally while telling the newer cadets where to post themselves. I looked up to apologize and the first word that came into my mind was,"Damn." He was the most handsome boy I ever met. I chatted with him afterwards for several months and his kindness, warmth, humor and chivalry and overall personality made me even more attracted but I was too scared to confess my feelings. I was friend zoned anyways but my heart was crushed when I found out he had a girlfriend.

• Personally I couldn't , because it's his appearance that initially attracts me , but its his personality that I fall in love with. So his personality determines if the relationship develops and continues

I need to know a guy really well before I could fall in love with him.

• Nope. Definitely not. I believe in being-attracted-to-someone at first sight but not love at first sight.
    It's illogical and irrational. It's just not possible..

• That's lust.

• I don't.

• I believe in magnetic sexual attraction at first sight... definitely x 1000000000!

Love to me is just self delusion.

• Love at first sight? No. Lust at first sight, on the other hand, yes.

• Yes. I've experienced it.

• Yes or at least infatuation... our stories are exactly the same except mine happened in college. He was everything I've ever wanted in a guy and he liked me too, but he was already in a serious relationship. Oh well.

• Not at all.

• No I don't believe in love at first sight

• No, I'm not delusional.

• no , i dont. I believe in a connection BUT love? no.

• Nope!

• Nope.

• No. It's just Hollywood/fairytale bullshit.

• Yes, I do believe in love at first sight.

• No, I definitely don't.