Guys, Would you date me?

I'm very bubbly and easily sociable. I can be shy in a new environment but mostly I'm very approachable and friendly. I laugh and giggle a lot and most men enjoy my company either bantering with me playfully or teasing me to see my reactions - most get a kick out of them. I'm also a joker and love being comedic. Plus I'm super feminine… I'm a summers and sun dresses girl…
But I find for the number of men that love to interact with me or compliment me rarely do I get asked out on dates… and that's left me with a pretty low self esteem and I wonder why I'm good enough to kinda be flirted with but not asked out?
Side note: I don't do friends with benefits or anything sexual outside of committed relationships
So… what am I doing wrong?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Based off of what you said I absolutely would. It sounds like guys might be intimidated or fear being friend zoned by you because often girls like you are too good to be true.

Really?… 😟
      Like for example this guy the other day was saying how he thinks I'm trouble and that I bet I'd heard it before… and I just giggled off saying I wasn't cus I really don't think I am…
      And this other guy was poking fun at me cuz I was a little hyper 😳 and another one chimed in and when I looked at him in mock anger he just laughed lightly… so maybe be more serious?

Definitely not. Don't change based off of how you think it would make other people feel. All good things happen organically. I've been facing quite a bit of rejection as well of late, and I'm not attributing it to myself. I know I'm a good-looking guy with a good personality, and I'll meet some girl who appreciates me for who I am. You should feel the same way, it sounds like you're one-of-a-kind and there's no reason for you to conform to how you think would make you more "appealing", because most likely it would be forced and you wouldn't find any success from it anyways.

You're so wise for your age! Thanks and keep it up!! 😘

What Guys Said 19

• You sound great to me ! Of course, you are only showing us the good side... Maybe there is something in all those things you didn't tell us that they see and which we can't? Maybe they are not used to a girl like you and at first, they think you are into them but later realize you act like this with every men. So they think you are not into them. Maybe they are intimidated by how comfortable you are talking with everyone.
    I don't know what it is. Based on what you said though, I'd marry you. And I don't even want to get married in the first place ! :-P

Haha I might be very value-specific but most guys don't get to know that about me but they don't bother getting to know me past the superficial friendliness which I assume is flirtation? Or they might get bored? But I'm like if you're kidding around with me you must like me somewhat? But no one asks me out so I just do my friendly thing… although I kinda am self deprecating… I hate tooting my horn, and deflect compliments (from women) cus I just hate making people feel less than… in any matter… so I kinda bring myself down… e. g., "I love your hair" and I'll say "wait till you see it wet, it's like a drowned rat tail" or "wow you are so clean, I wonder what your place is like" and I respond "disinfected but messy" mostly, I just can't lie!!! I know you're supposed to sell yourself!! I just can't! I have to be honest even if it makes me look less desirable… ok… is that it? 😖😖

Hahaha ! I like you ! 😂
      I know how you feel. I don't know why they are not asking you out. Welcome to men's world lol. Maybe you should do the asking out yourself?

Eeek… OK I'll try build that courage… thanks!

• Yeah would you date me?
    http://i.imgur.com/EOhKGqN.png

• If you have that personality and I found you attractive I'd absolutely date you!

• Yeah id date ya. Nothing wrong

• You seem like a really fun girl😊 I would date a girl like you but im shy tho😳 I don't really know why you're guy friends don't ask you out

• The only thing you're doing wrong is having the wrong friends.

• Nothing at all , stand your ground on that one. The guys on the other hand are'nt the right type.

Awwwww thanks!

Asker... Your a different caliber than those ones. Keep up the good in you instead... Good luck !!

• Don't overthink it. Its hard to talk to girls sometimes. Guys get anxious even if its going well between you.

• Already taken

• Yess

I use to be the same way... :')
      But ill love to find someone like you, I've only dated stuck up mean girls but now I've only been looking for personalities rather than how a girl looks..
      And you're not doing anything wrong, sometimes guys just like serious personalities in a girl to date. I was that funny guy goofball no girl would picture me as their boyfriend but rather a loving friend, although i was a bootycall to many girls i was never taken seriously because i was never a serious guy lol ÷)

See… I have a serious inner personality but it only comes out when I'm serious about someone or emotional…
      And it's true I feel like I'm not taken seriously…
      Awww I'm so sorry about your bad experiences… I've had pretty bad ones too actually…
      As for booty call… maybe it's because I'm an old fashioned girl… but I'd turn that down super fast.
      But I also sometimes wonder that guys don't like emotional girls… and I am. I'm very emotional… if I'm happy… I'm the happiest but if I'm sad… I'm profoundly sad… and if I'm mad… well… lol watch out.

• Who cares about all that, what do you look like... your personality will come into play a little later

lol slender, tall, tanned skin, brown eyes, curly hair… I have big eyes, big lashes and full lips… I'm not so attracted to my nose to be honest… it's a bit prominent. I've been told I have delicate hands and feet…

I agree… I think that guys are engaging with me in a friendly teasing manner because they might be attractive to some aspects of me? Maybe I'm wrong? But say if I'm attractive to someone how do I progress it to emotional?… I can't seem to get past the playful witty exchanges to something substantial ever…

I see... yea it depends what type of guy is he?

Try to use stereotypes or a category.. its easier to associate with

• do u have a kid
    areu talking to the wrong kind of men or show too much skin
    that attracts creeps like this guy
    <===== 😂 😂 😂

Hahah
      No kid
      Most men I talk to I work with… or interact with in customer relations
      Well… I don't think I dress slutty… but I do think I dress feminine sexy… but I'm kinda getting annoyed with thin strap tanktops that I wear when I'm exhausted (they always make me feel naked these days so I'm planning to throw those out)
      at work I wear a hideous uniform lol

• No pic; no answer.

• Of course I would date you... A lot of guys would...

The question is what are you doing that is preventing you from being asked out?

Is it the places you hang out?

Is it because boys see you being friendly with other boys?

Maybe you are not as approachable as you think?

Try to think... because I think deep inside we all know what the factor is...

I guess I'm equally friendly with everyone? But like I don't know how else to be if a guy doesn't give a special vibe? So confusing… I can get a bit standoffish though if I feel like someone might not like me…

• Yes, i would

• don't try so hard

I'll take that as keep being me and don't tone anything down?

just don't try so hard

• Are you considered attractive?

• You sound great!

• Yes definitely. My advice to you is to approach more men, maybe ask them out if they haven't asked you out. They might think you're too good to be single.

Ooo scary concept!

Yeah men who are decent human beings and respect women don't do that. To be fair, I've been creeped out by a girl before, but I didn't automatically assume she was a rapist like most girls do.

Yea I've noticed some girls to be super rough… like way…