How To Deal With Rejection? With Friends?

My coworker (Who I thought was a friend) told me he liked me. I was shocked because I thought we were just friends. So his friend of over 5 years, I told her about it. I just wanted some advice about how to handle the situation because I didn’t want to hurt him because I only saw him as a friend. She already knew me and him were hanging out so she asked me” Did he try and make a move on you?” I said how did you know she said, “I know my friend” There was nothing negative said. I told him I just wanted to be friends and I thought he was ok with it because he said we could still be friends.

So a week later I see Rick at work and I say hi to him and he doesn’t say a word to me this goes on for 3 weeks. Where he ignores me and pretends I don’t exist. Then someone at work told me he’s mad at me for telling his personal business (basically telling his friends that he liked me) I can see where he’s coming from but at the same time he should have just talked to me about it instead of ignoring me. That solves nothing.

So being the bigger person I just said sorry and told him I never meant to hurt him as a person and hopefully we can all move on and he doesn’t have to accept my apology. He didn’t say anything. I didn’t expect him to reply but I was being bigger person and just cleared the air I was tired of him being so immature at work. We can’t even work together because he so immature and just hates me so much. My intentions were good.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just give him space and time and let him be. Maybe he will forgive you one day. The way he sees it he feels hurt and embaressed because you rejected him and everybody knows. His pride and ego is broken.

Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0