Guys, would you date a divorced girl in her early 20s?

I am currently going through a very emotional divorce. There is no scandal, no violence, but it is still quite raw and psychologically challenging. Although I know there are times my husband has been emotionally abusive and that, no matter how painful it is, it is best for me to leave, I am still afraid of my life after divorce, because I think nobody will want to date a divorced girl... especially at 23 years old. I think men will hear this and think immediately that I am problematic, impulsive, or too complicated. Perhaps this is just my pre-judgement? Perhaps this is the image I have of myself? After getting a divorce I am planning to get therapy and try to solve my own issues in order to be healthy and start dating again, but the fear is there... what do you say? What if you were to date a girl you thought was young, free and without a care, but then found she was actually already divorced?
PS: I have no children, but just by curiosity, would the (in) existence of children affect your decision?

Thank you for your attention.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• Since you did not have any children with him I'd have to give you a big round of applause as that is being very responsible! Because imagine that if you did, then that would be worst for your kids and they'd all have to suffer for and pay the price for your divorce.

Don't be so hard on yourself, unexpected things can and will happen whether good or bad. It's not exactly like as if your life is completely over. Rather it's just one chapter closing and a whole new chapter that is just beginning.

If you had children already then it can and will be that much harder to start all over again in dating as I would think that the majority of single guys out there don't want to date single mothers or divorced mothers, unless they're already a single dad themselves or something.

It's time to embrace and enjoy be single and free all over again! Travel somewhere, see and experience new things, learn new skills, make new friends, or catch up with old friends. Enjoy your life, because you know what they say? You only live once, so therefore why not just make the most of it whenever you can and while you still can.

LIVE FOR THE MOMENT!

What Guys Said 16

• It wouldn't stop me from going on a date with her. We all make mistakes when we're young, and divorce is pretty low on the list of red flags, at least in terms of how it changes how I would date a woman. If a woman's divorce made her bitter or hate men, then that would be pretty easy to pick up on almost right away. If she was physically abused or raped by her husband, then of course that would be something that would be a lot more challenging for her to overcome.

My advice would just be to have a positive attitude about. If you feel the need to talk about it with a guy on a date, just say something generic like "considering all the horror stories you hear about divorce in the news, it really wasn't that bad. It's given me some real insight into how important it is to pick the right person". Then you can go into specifics, or you can change the conversation and ask him what big secret he has.

I do have a strict no dating single mothers rule though. Automatic deal breaker. The only exception would be if she was older and had kids that were moving out soon like 15 or 16. I could deal with that, but I'm not raising some other guy's 2 year old, not a chance.

• Nope I would not. Too much baggage.

Moreover the fact that a girl married so early shows me that she is prone to making dumb life choices.

• It's not really so much if she's divorced but what her mental state is. Like if she's still hurt from a divorce or complaining about her ex husband then I'd be hesitant. Same goes for newly single people that were just in a relationship.

• It wouldn't change anything to me, your an individual and being divorced wouldn't change anything let alone the whole kids thing

• At my age, who has NOT been divorced? No problem.

• It wouldn't bother me. Of course I'd wanna know about the divorce in time but as long as everything is the truth then I wouldn't judge if it wasn't a huge deal. Children would change it though depending on my age.

• I'd feel pretty bad, but why'd she marry so early?😟

• Yes lol it was just a early marriage people mske mistakes and mary the wrong person all the time

• Yes, why wouldn't I? Unless she was unfaithful then no. No one should judge until they hear your story!

• No problem for me.

• It depends. What is your race and what is your soon to be ex-husband's race?

• If she has no kids, I would. Kids change everything and in a way that makes me uncomfortable.

• No I wouldn't.

• No, seems like too much baggage,

• divorcees are harder to date because it makes you wonder why it didn't work out/anything wrong with them that is not worth dating them over

• Divorced women are hot to trot. But sex only, nothing serious