Are women as sensitive to apperance as men?

Meaning like, if I see a female I'm attracted to, I want to get to know her. Her apperance already has me thinking romantic, sexual stuff. Men are visual.

Now I've talked to many women, and it seems subjective. Some are visual, others go by personality, confidence etc.

ladies, what do you go by? If you see a guy, would you want to get to know him, granted you think he's attractive?

111

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm apsolutely visual and I think everyone is... if you don't find a person physically appealing than there is no point, I couldn't have sex w someone I am not physically attracted to

however tests are subjective
    also sometimes you can think someone looks ok but when you get to know them and their personality is awesome you can get more attracted
    but if you think somoene is ugly you will never get it w that person
    looks attract us but if the personality is crap we get put off
    I think everyone is mostly attracted to the whole person - meaning the way person is (their looks and personality combined)

• You have spelt absolutely wrong.

• @bobbyxx I think it was clear what I wanted to say, thank you for that irrelevant correction
      um English is not my first language, go figure

• You spelt everything else right. Not an excuse and it is very relevant.

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of women say they do but I'm not sure. I hope they do care about looks in the same way us guys do.

• Feel free to check out my questions, I've asked similar questions to this. The answers are varied.

What Girls Said 10

• Depends if the guy looks approachable or not. Some might look attractive but unapproachable and vice versa. Not all attractive men seem like the kind of people whom I'd instantly start a convo with.
    Tbh, the people I find the most approachable, and those who I instantly feel I wanna talk to are average looking. It's probably because attractive men seem to me as overly confident, as in they'd expect any girl to wanna talk to them and get to know them, which kinda does not make me want to "feed their ego" , y'kno.. I probably used the wrong expression here but couldn't think of sth else :/

• People are egocentric in general and always out for themselves so naturally if someone visually thinks a person is hot or sexy of course they would want to know them... but question is even if there a stone cold fox but there fucking retarded or have a shit personality would you want to continue to get to know them

• Looking good will get a girls attention definitely. But it won't necessarily make a girl want to approach a guy or make us want to get your attention. Your personality and the way you treat other people not just yourself will hook a girl in each and every time. The right attention paid to a girl will make her melt.

• Women are complicated. It can be anywhere from 20 Look/80 Personality to 80 Looks/ 20 Personality. It depends on the 'type' of woman and what she values. Women that want eye candy will go for looks. Some don't care for looks and want something more meaningful and care about brains and heart. Some women go for a balance in both. There is also an added dimension, money. Gold digger will obviously want money above all and then the others come next or sometimes are irrelevant.

If you get a man with all of those you are truly lucky.

• I go by looks, but if I have a conversation with him and he's a complete ass then I'm completely turned off by him and he is no longer attractive to me

• While I check out people I find attractive, I don't think to myself "me must speak to that person, me finds them attractive".

• I don't care because I'm not looking for anyone right now.

• As important as it is to look clean and nice, looks only get you so far.

• It's a combination of looks and the vibe you get for me personally

• Looks attract me, so i will want to get to know you better based on what I see. If I don't find him attractive then i will not waste my time on getting to know him

• Women have no right to complain about being judged on looks and only getting jobs or friends or partners based on looks, when we have people like you.

• @bobbyxx I don't think women on a whole should suffer for the way one woman chooses to look at things. Another young lady will look at it in another perspective. I am sorry if you do not agree with my way of thinking, it's okay and I respect the way you feel about it. I would appreciate it if you felt the same way. Why does it bother you so much that women want to be treated based on their level of thinking and not on their looks?

• Because they have no room to talk. Just look at the responses from women to this question.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!