Girls, Have you ever been in a casual relationship or hook up relationship?

If so, were you happy with the way it was? Do you regret it? Did anything blossom from it? How long did it last? Would you do it again?

3mo I forgot to ask... How often did you guys see each other? Like how many times a week. And did your relationship have ups and downs... As in maybe not talking for a while or something like that. Or was it always good
3mo and why did it end?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I have. We were freinds, and just thought what the hell. Why not? It lasted for a year, and we even had a date night or a few. If you could call them that smh. I wanted more, and he had other plans. I thought he cared. I mean during sex, and other times it was obvious. He got jealous , and during sex he took his time. He caressed, and kissed like every part of me. We just probably would have never been a good fit anyways. Whatever though, some things in life aren't meant for you if. I regret it, because I gained feelings. We stopped talking, and that was about 7 months ago. It's still fresh, but not as bad as before. Actually, I don't know. I'm abstinent now, but after him I have had encounters with three other guys. Unfortunately they weren't all that. So I just gave up sex, and now I'm looking for someone who wants something more meaningful. If you are attracted to this guy, and you both have chemistry then don't do it. That's a trap. If otherwise then go for it. Then again everyone is different.

What Girls Said 23

• I've been in a very interesting casual relationship with this boy I met at applebees with a couple of mutual friends. We were all out drinking a tiny bit, (This is applebees, so we didn't want to get too crazy), and said guy and I really hit it off. We exchange numbers and hung the next day, but to both of our surprises, I went back to his place, and things got mighty physical.
    It all happened so quick. I was at his place, and we were casually playing games, joking around, and browsing Reddit. He seemed like a really cool guy, and I was having lots of fun with him. Suddenly, he gripped my thigh and gazed into my eyes. To my unexpected surprise, it was like a waterfall down there! (If you know what I mean ;) ). One thing led to another, and before I knew it, he was on on top and inside of me.
    It was the best sex of my life. After that, I found myself with him multiple times, and it was great every time. But even so, I was not ready to get into a relationship, and wanted to keep it as friends, he did not want to hear this though.
    After this encounter, things turned ugly really quick. Long story short, he ended up stalking me. He would call me at all times of the night, follow my car, send me lots of text, show up at places where I was going, and would even ask our mutual friends about me.
    With all said and done, I was not happy with the way it turned out. I regret the experience greatly. I really wished a friends with benefits kind of relationship would come out of it, but that never happened. He just got attached so quickly, but I was not looking for that. I would not do it again, I would not recommend to anyone else, because at the end of the day, you never know what kind of person you are getting involved with.

• Yes. I wanted to stop after a few months because I was getting attached, but he led me on with talk of a possible relationship. I held on for 2 years and we hooked up off and on. Looking back I think I knew deep down nothing would come of it but I ended up falling for him. We hooked up sometimes a few times a week... other times nothing for a month. Just depended. Was fun while it lasted though.

You went through exactly what I am going through. May I ask how it ended? I don't know how to do this it's hard. I tried to end it 6 months into hooking up, but he led me on. We started to go out every now and then, but mostly hook up. Now it's been a little over a year and he knows he's got me so he isn't trying much. He's 31 and I'm almost 22, so he knows how to "get" girls how he wants.

• Casuals, hookups and one nighters is all I will do. I don't want a relationship but I dearly love sex and a lot of it. I have many guys who enjoy me once a week, some every other week, some once a month and some are several times a week. I moved to this area in 89 and some of my guys have been enjoying me all this time.

• I only do that in very loving friendships where the physical attraction, but no romantic attraction is there. It works out, because you know them and both parties want to please each other. Plus it's nice because it's still full of love even if it isn't a romantic type of love.

• I'm in one now - we don't text often since it's mostly just sex, but always at least once a week. There have been times where we would make plans and they wouldn't work out... But in the end it's just casual fun. I like him enough to sleep with him, but not enough to commit to him.

• Unfortunately yes, and I didn't know it. It was a summer fling for him but I thought he actually liked me.. it ended with me being heartbroken. I was young and in high school back then. I don't do casual sex or hookups, I take dating and relationships seriously not just to pass time out of boredom. Sex is also important to me, I could never just have sex with someone without love and commitment.

• It's nice to be in a casual relationship every now and then, I've done it three times and they have lasted no more than a couple months. It's very enjoyable to have a simple purpose, to satisfy one another, to get a delicaterelief when you don't have time for a serious relationship. You just gotta make sure that you're both aiming for similar motivations, just sex with a little bit of friendship on top. As long as there's a mutual understanding, I'm good to go.

• Yep mine just ended. I loved him, love the memories and will always keep him close in my heart. We lasted 10 months till he got a stroke (he's 53) and moved to LA. He told me that he was in love with me but I was simply too young for him. My biggest regret is not saying everything I wanted to say to him

And then there is one guy who was just a complete waste and tried to play mind games with me because he was 45 and I was 22 at the time

• Yes but it was a bittersweet moment. Short lived fun and 0 substance to the relationship. Guilt is a common emotion you live with. But the sex is good to go.

• I loved every minute of it, but sometimes guys give you the brush-off after a couple of dates even if the dates were really good. Life happens. I start pointless casual relationships all the time and sometimes they last: I've been seeing my Black Bull, Noah, two or three nights a week for a couple of years now, and it started as a raised skirt quickie in a dark corner of a bar.

• Never have, never will.

• Nope, i would get too emotional. Just being honest haha

• Were you happy with the way it was? Yeah
    Do you regret it? No
    Did anything blossom from it? Kinda
    How long did it last? A year
    Would you do it again? If I was single

• Nope, and im never gonna do it either.

• Nope. I want serious relationships.

• Nope, only looking for something serious.

• I would say I'm in a hook up relationship rn. I mean we make out whenever we get the chance but we don't really talk outside of that. I do slightly regret it because i want it to develop into more. But it's still fun.

• Nope, I'd get attached immediately which who ruin the whole purpose.

• I've had one night stands but I can't do casual relationships. I would much rather have a deep connection with a person or none at all.

• No I haven't, I get too emotional

• Yes, I was in a casual realtionship with a guy for three months last year. I enjoyed it, but he wanted a more serious long term relationship, even though I told him I only wanted a casual relationship. I would definitely do it again only thing just make sure your partner is on the same page.

• Yes. It was purely sex and nothing more. Nothing blossomed from it though a couple of them wanted to try. I wasn't into them like that. Some lasted months, some lasted years. More ups than downs, because when things were down we went our own way. It never mattered if we didn't talk or not because we have our own lives to live. The one I'm messing with now is very nice but we do our own thing apart. We don't meet often but we stay in touch though.

• Hookups are fun but not in excess. One night stands last one night which is why they are called one night stands. It is ironic that the guy considers that they use the girl when in actuality the reverse is true.