Should distance play a significant role in a relationship?

Title pretty much says it all. Whether you live a few minutes, an hour or miles and miles away. Just wondering how strongly it should be considered?

0|0
2|7

Most Helpful Guy

• Long distance relationship rarely work. an hour isn't that far, but it does have an impact on how often you see each other. Long distance is so hard because you are only interacting for short periods of time. You can't possibibly get to know each other well enough to have much of a chance. Some think they can and don't realize that anyone can be on their best behavior for short bursts. If that is all you get, you do not know them.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Long distance relationships only work if both are willing to make it work. If thats what you mean? But if you mean distance as in space then i believe yes, you should be distant from someone if you are just in a relationship with them because it helps you both develop separately but also together as individuals. Making an effort for each other and time shows independence, which i think a lot of relationships these days lack because people try to be too inclined with on another all the time. Hope i make sense x

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, but there are other factors that are involved too. Do you both have cars? Do you have conflicting schedules? Are you willing to see each other often?

I started seeing a girl who lives in the city about 40 minutes away from me and I like her but distance does make it a challenge as she also doesn't have a car and we have busy schedules. If you both like each other, I can see a way to work it out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Relationships take work from both involved no matter if you live together or how far apart you live from one another. The further apart people live from each other the more trust issue there are usually. In a relationship they both need time with their own family, with their own friends and with each other friends and family. Of course tgey need time together and alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • If distance makes it hard to get together often, it is a very big problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like someone said long distance is hard. You basically have to both have the same amount of enthusiasm for it to work. You also have to have an insane amount of trust for each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they aren't close by, then it's not gonna work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Critical. should be close enough for about 30 minutes drive.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• A lot. It's workable though (for some people) and the more you put effort into it (just like the other person) the more it can work. Just know that, that distance will need to be closed sometime down the road. So don't get into one if you don't ever plan on physically connecting face to face. That would just waste a lot of time and emotions for both people

0|0
    0|0