What do you consider cheating?

Ok I think cheating is basically any romantic act with someone other than your partner. But I have friends who have different views on that and they think it's fine for like other guys to smack their ass or be super flirty with other guys. And I know a guy that texts other girls sexually while he is in a relationship. I don't think you have to kiss or have sex to cheat. What do you think?

• It's fine as long as u don't kiss or have sex
  • TF? You canNOT be talking, flirting, looking at other girls / guys.
  • I'm cool with anything. Open relationships are the best.
  • If my partner ever tried ANYTHING with someone other than me, that would be the last thing they ever tried.

Most Helpful Guy

• Talking is fine, BUT too much talking is not, even if there is no flirting involved. Iam surprised 10% of you guys voted for "I'm cool with anything", if you or your partner can kiss/sex/flirt with other people, how is that a relationship? I find it retarded as fk, but you do what you want...

Most Helpful Girl

• Cheating isn't all about kissing , sex , and sexual contact. I think flirting with others while in a relationship is disrespectful to your SO , so I'd never do that. Anything you hide from your SO shows you have ulterior motive

A relationship needs respect , so it's important to consider how your SO feels in certain circumstances. If my SO felt uncomfortable about me flirting etc with someone else then I'd stop doing it. His feelings would come first

I wouldn't want to flirt with any other guy , I'd only want to flirt with my SO

What Guys Said 28

• I voted A, assuming that does not include flirting and slapping their ass for instance.

It is a matter of respect for your partner. Talking with people of the other sex is completely fine and should never be forbidden. Yet, it should not get flirty or anything along those lines.

• Any type of action with romantic and/or sexual with a woman whose not your wife or girlfriend is cheating.

• I'm a classical guy when it comes to relationships. None of this hedonistic open-relationship perversion shit.

She needs to be all in, or out. That's probably why I'm single. 😋

• I'm a fan of open relationships. They test your emotional fortitude and tend to be stable as you eliminate one of the primary causes of breaking up. Ironically, the trust you have in one another brings you closer together and makes you not want to seek out other partners anyway.

• If neither of you is drooling, you're ok!

• Yup it all starts with playful teasing but often leads to sex

• I can't pick any of them. D sounds like a threat, almost like a death threat. A is closer to what i would vote, but it lacks the flirting part, no flirting. B is even closer to my vote, but it includes no talking to the opposite sex, or looking at them, I am ok with talking, and looking, because its in our nature to look, and talking is communication i cannot block that, just no flirting, no sexual stuff, no romantic stuff.

• It's all fine as long as both people in the relationship ok it. I agree with you, I think the relationship is about trust. If your flirting around a lot then I think your testing that trust and because of the social status of sex your breaking the trust when it gets sexual.

If both parties are ok with it then all you have done is decided that one less thing is an attack on the trust of your relationship. Not everyone can do this and there is nothing wrong with that

• I only classify physical unfaithfulness as technically being "cheating".

If my girl flirted with other guys, I wouldn't consider it "cheating". However, that doesn't make it ok. It's still extremely disrespectful. I'd still be hurt, and I still might even end the relationship over it.

I just wouldn't call it "cheating".

• Taking part in any sexual activities without me!..
    Personally - taking part in sexual activities without me or without my consent!.. That even makes Jerking off without my permission cheating!.. And if you wants to have a really hot hook up!.. She needs to inform me before hand,.. A call will be enough,.. Then she can ride any and many cocks!.. If i am busy or I will join her party soon..

• I think when you do anything behind your partner's back , you would not want them to see in person. Flirty hard, touching, sex, sexting etc.

• Emotional or physical betrayal.

• Cheating is essentially going behind your partner's back and having sexual or romantic relations with someone.
    If your partner knows you're going to have sex with some other chick, and is okay with it, then it's absolutely not cheating.
    Cheating almost explicitly betrays a partner's trust, so open relationships can't be described as cheating or anything.

• I think I would agree with you but there are levels of flirting and intent has to be considered. Friendly flirting is okay but physical flirting or going beyond friendly verbal flirting is not.

• Choice "B" annotated. You can talk, just not flirting.

Don't even get me started about emotional cheating as @glitz_glamour kinda hinted at.

Yeah I agree. Talking is ok but no flirting.

@Glitz_Glamour If there were only more women like you

I'm sure there is lol

• For me, it's the whole "behind the back" thing. As long as it's openly discussed beforehand, I'm OK with it.

• What do you consider cheating? Writing answers on your hands, texting answers or coping test answers from the person sitting next to you.

• Stay the fudge away from anyone that pressed D I understand if you brick wall the person you date you suffocate them but if you need to brick wall them then they aren't that into you find someone else

• I don't mind her talking to a guy, but I'd feel hurt if she were flirting with him.

• Looking and being attracted is natural, acting on it is cheating... it's not that hard.

• there is nothing wrong with cheating.

• The definition I adhere to the most is the concept that if you’re doing something with another individual outside the knowledge of the one you’re with, whether you are romantically involved, or just friends w/ benefits, then you are cheating on them. Doesn’t matter if you are doing it physically, mentally, or emotionally; whatever the case may be. If you’re partner is not aware of what you’re doing then you are cheating. The very definition of cheating is doing something without others knowing what you’re doing. Like playing cards and having an “Ace” up your sleeve that nobody else knows about, but you; that’s cheating.

However, if your partner knows what you’re doing, whether they are participating with you with these others on any level, or they are just letting you do your thing while they are doing theirs, then I do not feel this is cheating, because you’re not doing it deceitfully. You’re doing what you’re doing with your partner having full knowledge of these events. Some call this being in an Open Relationship, but others may have other labels, but it amounts to the same thing. In the end, though, you’re not cheating if there’s no betrayal of trust or lack of communication is the relationship.

• When you caught your girl having sex with another guy in your bed

• If you're doing anything that you wouldn't bring up to your SO in casual conversation, it's cheating.

i actually like that, i feel like that should be more of a red flag then a hard line.

@That0neGuy If you can't bring it up, you obviously feel guilty about it and technically you're hiding something, which a lot of people consider cheating

• "Cheating" is engaging in sexual acts with someone other that your partner, provided that your partner is willing and able to give you sex.

If your partner won't have sex with you, you're free to get it wherever you can and that is not cheating.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 35

• I didn't vote because I think cheating is subjective with every couple. I agree with @Dtegesd123 that if you do something and you deliberately keep it a secret, it's basically cheating. For some couples, it could be something small, that others won't think is a big deal, but we're talking about the act of deception here.

If you or your partner suddenly don't feel so proud that you got caught doing something, or if it makes you upset thinking of your partner doing something yet you have no problem with doing yourself, then it's deceitful. Deceit is a big shade of cheating.

There are things that might not be deal-breakers, but they could still lead to some upset in the relationship. For example, if one person dodges their partner to take time to have a private phone conversation or messaging session with someone of the opposite sex, but then gets found-out? Might have been best to say, "Hey I'm getting a message from that girl I know from work and I don't know why... hang on I'll find out and get right back to you." Then no one is in the dark because there isn't anything to hide. Being truthful and faithful shouldn't be a problem if you love and trust each other.

• Having sexual or emotional attraction towards someone other then you partner who is a part of your real life and ACTING/FANTASIZING on it.

• I'd cut a bitch for putting her hands on my husband in any inappropriate way. Thankfully, I know he would shut her ass down before I had to.

• I think looking at other girls/guys is fine. I did it in my past relationships. My boyfriends did too. It's more than okay lol...

But texting, flirting, kissing, etc... now that's NOT fine. Not in my book.

• If you're being overly sexual with someone who isn't your significant other, it's not ok.

If you're texting someone and hittin them up for nudes when you're in a relationship, it's not ok.

Even when it's someone you don't personally know, like if someone from a forum website has a girlfriend or boyfriend and then finds someone on that forum and hits on them to entice them to send nudes.

That's cheating, in my book.

The minute you have to hide something from your significant other (actions, words, texts, a person) then you are, for all intents and purposes, cheating.

• I agree with you, I think if what you do would hurt you if your partner does the same then it's not good

• I always ask people, what would u do if she/he also did the same to you? Talking is fine, looking is fine but sexting or flirting then good bye and deleted from my life for sure. I wouldn't say it's flirting if ur complementing but if they think they could have someone better then go and get them.

• I voted b but I'm not strict about it. I would have picked a, but online cheating is becoming a lot more popular these days. So I wouldn't limit it to just physical cheating

• I consider cheating anything romatic or sexual done with any other person you're not in a relationship with. There should be boundaries no flirting, ass smacking, sexting, none of that. I'd feel so disrespected as the girlfriend of a man who acts that way while with me.

• Just by thinking about doing something with another person means you don't love the person you're with, or that there are unsolved problems in your relationship. If you feel the need to go out, dance and flirt with others, cheating is just a step away

or you are basically not attracted anymore to the person who you are with.

• Uhm... Well, I believe that if you kiss/sleep with someone else then it's called cheating. If you flirt, talk romantically to another guy/girl, or any of that kind of stuff, it doesn't exactly belong to the "cheating" category but Its just not okay and disrespectful towards your relationship..

• I actually disagree with with your definition of cheating.
    I think the real problem with cheating is the lie.

Then, it's about what you allow and what you don't. I personally think I'm pretty much like most people when it comes to cheating. Sex, kissing, affection towards other woman would be a betrayal or even sharing to much private maters that you share with you girlfriend.

• I don't mind the looking and talking to other girls. Some people are natural flirts. It depends on the nature of said flirting I guess. Of course anything sexual is a no go. I also consider exchanging sexual messages as emotional cheating. You shouldn't be doing anything of a sexual nature with someone that isn't your SO.

• no others !

• For me, flirting, expressing romantic feelings, or continuing conversation with the person despite knowing he may develop feelings for her, etc

• I can't choose one because I'm in between here. I don't think you can stop guys (and girls) looking because, lets face it we all like to see eye candy. Flirting isn't really a big deal - as long as its not serious - but certainly sexting or anything like that or more has crossed the line.

• C, but only if it's talked through. Doing anything more than hugging is cheating in my opinion as long as your partner doesn't approve.

So if your agreement is you can do whatever you want without them needing to know, it's fine, but as long as you haven't discussed it or they said they want to know/approve beforehand, it's cheating.

I'm okay with being in an open relation as long as it's only physically open. I have a harder time accepting my partner being in love with someone else.

• Flirting, touching in a sexual manner, texting other women romantically is cheating to me. If a person wants to do those things go right ahead, just tell me so we can call the relationship off and go our separate ways.

• I think harmless flirting is ok but intimate talking, touching or texting is not cool.

• I think cheating is all about the intention. If you're just flirting to have fun, that's not cheating in my opinion.

• i voted B

• Anything romantic that's done without your partner knowing. So if a guy flirts with a girl that's cheating, unless he tells his girlfriend and she's okay with it.

• He can talk and be friends but if he touches another chick in a sexual way there will be a problem.

• i am in open relationship, cheating is reduced to lying and it never happen

• I couldn't stand of he did ANYTHING. My ex saw it as controlling coz I didn't like him smacking other girls asses. If someone's my boyfriend, he's MINE

• Everything is fine with the exception of kissing and sex.

• First and last.

• Too much flirting, kissing, touching and any kind of sexual act

• Anything romantic or sexual with someone else. That includes texting and nudes

• No I would never do that

• More from Girls
    5